Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Rear Wiper Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Wiper Problems

My A6 Quattro wagon's rear wiper worked intermittently for a while since I bought it used, now it doesn't work at all (the washer either). Is this likely an electrical or motor problem? How can I narrow down what needs to be fixed?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Mitch
Old 02-01-2002, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Rear Wiper Problems

I know this might sound silly, but have you checked the fuse? There might be one for the rear motor. If the fuse is okay, then have you checked to see that the motor itself is getting power? If it is getting power, but not working, then it could be the motor itself. I would use a needle tipped test light (grounded to something close) and puncture the lead wire to the motor (which should be accessible under the fabric cover on the hatch door). It could also be something with the wiper switch on the steering stalk.

Good luck. Electrical problems can often a source of rage. So take it easy and take your time.
Old 02-03-2002, 09:15 AM
dpd

check the brown plug behind the left rear trim panel[in the back,where the cd player,tools are stored].if the car had a cd player installed,this bracket has to come out to install it and it can be a pain to get in and out,sometimes it tugs this plug and pulls it apart[this is if the fuses aren't blown].when you push the washer stalk,do you hear the pump?do the front headlamp washers work?wipers?
Old 02-07-2002, 07:03 PM

GmcB,
Definitely not the fuse, I even checked it again to be sure. I don't think the motor is getting power... I tried a test light even though I wasn't sure which of the three wires was the lead. No matter which wire I tested at the plug, I couldn't get a light. Therefore, it must be either the switch or a short somewhere else, right?

Thanks for the help & quick response,
Mitch
Old 02-07-2002, 07:21 PM

dpd,
Thanks for your help. It does not have a CD player or headlight wipers/washers currently, but I suppose it could have since I'm not the original owner. In checking the rear trim compartment I did find something interesting!! Duct tape w/ broken glass near some of the wiring. Now I'm almost positive it's the wiring getting damaged from lingering effects/problems from a previous accident... joy!

Thanks for point me in the right direction,
Mitch