Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Recaro Young Sport Vs Britax Frontier

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 08:34 AM
Lane Shark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Recaro Como Convertible so I wouldn't have to upgrade later, so I'm leaning towards the Young Sport based on how much the wife & I Like the Como.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Judge AR
Its not big at all, and its down right tiny compared to the Britax, but yes it doesn't have any cup holders, other than that what features do you mean.

2 little things drive me crazy about the Recaro: 1-There are no velcro tabs or method to secure the straps out of the way so you can load your child without having the belts under them. 2-the straps are narrow and this allows them to get twisted in the buckles.

I love the Recaro and would not buy anything else, I just thought that a company like Recaro would also pay attention to the little things. Again I only have experience with the Signo.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey Judge AR, when did you buy your Recaro? My wife was wondering since she said the straps have all recently changed.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snokarver
Hey Judge AR, when did you buy your Recaro? My wife was wondering since she said the straps have all recently changed.

I assume your question was for me? I bought the seat a little over 1 year ago, not sure on the MFG date. It would be great if they improved the straps. They did send a notice advising of possible faulty strap tensioning mechanism, perhaps they have updated the newer models because of this.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by samm
I assume your question was for me? I bought the seat a little over 1 year ago, not sure on the MFG date. It would be great if they improved the straps. They did send a notice advising of possible faulty strap tensioning mechanism, perhaps they have updated the newer models because of this.
I was trying to figure out if his feedback on the seat was for the older straps or newer ones.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have 2 Recaro Signo's in my allroad. One on the right and one on the left. There is even some room leftover between the seats. Great seat that is both sporty and safe!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by samm
2 little things drive me crazy about the Recaro: 1-There are no velcro tabs or method to secure the straps out of the way so you can load your child without having the belts under them. 2-the straps are narrow and this allows them to get twisted in the buckles.
Not a problem for me. I just provide enough slack in the straps to be able to pull them to the side and stage the straps before I deposit my kids.
As far as the straps twisting and getting tangles I always just take the time to stage the straps after I exit my kids and it seems to work just fine.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

My understanding is if your Recaro seat is more than 6mo old, it's the older version. The newer one has different straps. Does anyone here have a newer one?
Old 10-06-2009, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snokarver
My understanding is if your Recaro seat is more than 6mo old, it's the older version. The newer one has different straps. Does anyone here have a newer one?

I have 2 brand new seats. My older ones were recalled and Recaro overnighted me 2 new seats with the new straps for free about 3 months ago.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Was really leaning towards the Recaro but I could not find a local vendor to actually take a look at the seat in person. That in combination with the 80 lbs. 5 point harness kind of pushed us towards the Britax Frontier

After 3 weeks with the seat I feel that it is a good seat but not great. Installation into the AR is a bear but once it is is in it is rock solid. The little guy seems to like it and he has tons of space and room to grow. R

Really wish that I could have seen the Recaro in person. Maybe for our next purchase.

Quick Reply: Recaro Young Sport Vs Britax Frontier