Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

REISU MOTORSPORTS HOUSTON

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REISU MOTORSPORTS HOUSTON

Took the ride to get this airbag issue resolved . Met Raudel , nice guy . He reset my headlamp adjustment that the dealer said I had to replace the motor , but code only came up when light was unplugged for body shop to repair bumper a few months ago. I inquired about getting the Arnott Gen I's , he said he could order them for me not a problem , when he called the next day to update me .....he confirmed passenger bag leaking & I think he may start stocking the Arnott product ! If all goes well , I'll be rolling on Gen 1's & probably have a drivers side front airbag ( dealer repl. OEM just last year ) up for sale .
Old 10-14-2011, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm...why pad his pocket with your money on the bag? Unless he only charges you retail for it...which is pretty reasonably priced.

...I'd say buy the 1 Arnott bag yourself and have him install!! No need to replace both at the same time if only one is bad. Sure, folks will argue its a good idea to do both but not entirely necessary to ditch a good bag just yet.

I run an OE one and an Arnott Gen I up front. Kinda odd too...the OE one is original, I keep waiting for it to go bad but it hasn't. Just the flip side of the coin for ya'. Do what you see best for you.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

He mentioned the 1 OEM & 1 Gen 1 option , that you can run them like that , He just straight up would order them for me ,....he also said customers would bring in the parts / order parts & bring them in for installation . Drivers side is SECOND ONE already in 5 yrs . so I'm @ the point of getting rid altogether . Plus Got a new job & wife & I agreed 1st. check to pay for repairs . I'm figuring" take the hit " now & hopefully this front airbag issue will be behind me for long time .
Old 10-14-2011, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You're wasting money to replace a bag that is not leaking.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by finiki
You're wasting money to replace a bag that is not leaking.
Saw your car when I was there last week. Very clean. I see you have some rear fender flare issues. I have a set of 4 for sale if you are interested. They would need to be painted first.

Arnott Gen I's are good. I can understand wanting to do both for peace of mind as the driver is the one that usually fails most often and the lifetime warranty is just nice to have. If you are tired of dealing with it, get both like I did and sell your working OEM one on ebay along with showing a copy of the receipt from the dealer showing mileage on and then show mileage taken off, as it helps. Well, I did all 4 to be honest. If you want to fix as needed and you can keep some money on the side for future repairs then go with one.

If you ever have any allroad questions, let me know. I am local and have been through a lot with mine.

Rich
Old 10-24-2011, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ricam78
Saw your car when I was there last week. Very clean. I see you have some rear fender flare issues. I have a set of 4 for sale if you are interested. They would need to be painted first.

Arnott Gen I's are good. I can understand wanting to do both for peace of mind as the driver is the one that usually fails most often and the lifetime warranty is just nice to have. If you are tired of dealing with it, get both like I did and sell your working OEM one on ebay along with showing a copy of the receipt from the dealer showing mileage on and then show mileage taken off, as it helps. Well, I did all 4 to be honest. If you want to fix as needed and you can keep some money on the side for future repairs then go with one.

If you ever have any allroad questions, let me know. I am local and have been through a lot with mine.

Rich
Thanks for the comment Rich ,
Raudel did replace just the passenger side , so yeah I did save money there . Charged 2 hrs. worth labor ( $160 ) I'm sure dealer would've GOUGED me here . Again my headlight adjusting Icon was on after left light was unplugged for some minor bumper repair , dealer said it was a motor & declined repair , Raudel reset the light & WORKS FINE NOW ....no code & HE DIDN'T CHARGE ME A CENT FOR THIS . Car rides like a charm . Yeah the passenger flare was like that when I bought the car in '07 & just 3 weeks ago .....I was surrounded in traffic W/ nowhere to swerve as a piece of metal coming towards the drivers side & hits the bottom of rear passenger door ( nice 5" scratch ) W 2 big marks on the flare ( looks like someone took a utility knife & made scored it right across the flare . Will take the wife's Passat in next for some maintinence . I did mention you Rich & when I went to pick the car up Fri. @ about noon , he told me you were on the way up for more work to be done . GREAT SHOP , NICE GUY , REASONABLE PRICES & DON'T NEED AN APPOINTMENT . WELL worth the drive from Friendswood . Cheers ,
Robert
Old 10-27-2011, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Glad to hear he treated you well. I am sure I will bump into you one day while there as it seems that I am always over there for something