Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Replaced a headlight level senosr and now stuck in Suspension Limp Mode....

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replaced a headlight level senosr and now stuck in Suspension Limp Mode....

running the codes with the VAG tool from Ross-tech the only one that comes up is "control height not known" big progress today, I can get through #01, test and save, then when I go to # 2 the Login dropped session error shows up and I can't get any further. as a result the car is terminally in height #2 and I can calibrate it because the VAG drops the login every time. all the level sensors are are functional and the suspension control module is relatively new, 2-3 months. on the brink of taking it somewhere for professional help.
anything helps! thanks
Old 04-03-2007, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you replace the level sensor that was the wrong model?
Old 04-03-2007, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

I did, went to the dealer and got the right one,
Old 04-03-2007, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

also ran the Measuring Blocks test, all 4 sensors report current & change when rocking the car
Old 04-03-2007, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you take a long time to go through #01 and #02? Try to go through the channels quickly without

any delay. What is the version of your cable and your VAG-COM software?
Old 04-04-2007, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

can you clear the error? if so does it only come back when you do the adaptation?
Old 04-05-2007, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Key-USB and Version is V 607.3, I have tried to move it along faster but it reads error ....
Old 04-05-2007, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I can clear the error but it comes back almost immediately,"control height not known".....

and that is the only error that shows up. unless I am not clearing it the right way. once the login error shows up it then sends me back out and from the intro screen of VAG I go to options and "test" connection and it says none exists, so I have to close out VAG, then reopen to reestablish the connection... I am wondering if it is a software or computer problem.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default have you ever got it to work with this cable/computer combo? is this a new problem?

can you other things? like does a full scan work? or the convience mods?

I really don't know... I'm just trying to help because I had the exact same problem...
Old 04-05-2007, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default nope; cable/computer is anew venture. going to plan ,see if indy shop can set it,.... pretty much

convinced it is either the software/plug and not the car. I turned everything off on the computer and tried it again today but got nowhere. the computer is fairly new and solid. I bought the key-usb from ross tech specifically to use for this type of thing. I'll post a thread after they check it out, thanks for your thoughts

Quick Reply: Replaced a headlight level senosr and now stuck in Suspension Limp Mode....