Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

RMcQ - have you learned anything new about your suspension / electronics lately?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does re-enable on all allroads or just yours because of the power it's making? As I recall from my

B5 S4 days, ESP is never completely disabled.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I keep hearing this that esp doesn't completely disengage. On my allroad it does although the

traction control, ASR, EDL or whatever you want to call it didn't. That is why I ask RMcQ if he was getting throttle cut which could be logged because that would show it was ESP and not the "traction control".

Then again I might just be lucky, or have never had the right conditions.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I don't think it is due to power because it re-enables (light goes back out) after a short, light

drive. And when I do get into the power with ESP engaged (light out, normal default setting) I do get massive throttle cut, loss of boost, with flashing ESP light in the cluster.

Now I am back to having the suspension module plugged in (both plugs) and I can turn off ESP and it stays off. Now I get no throttle cut or ESP intervention on dry roads. I am not sure about the background 'never disabled' ESP if it exists.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:18 PM

Default Re: This is interesting as when my suspension ECU was out I COULDN'T disable

Hi everyone. I'm an old audiphile new AR geek. I've launched the air springs in favor of the Stasis msports. I have been following the a/s delete thread for a while. I am experiencing the same thing as RMcQ where I cannot turn off the esp. I keep finding posts that say that you just unplug the suspesion module and "every thing" works. I don't buy it.
I have been studying the system architecture and I have a few Ideas. If I can get all the coil over converts to help me compile some data. I think I can help us all enjoy the good ole steel coils without any issues.
i need the following info.

Model year
Transmission
ECM part # and soft coding, any stored DTC
ABS module Part # and soft coding, Any stored DTC
Xenons? Y or N
Headlamp Leveling work?
Does your ESP stay off when you shut it off?

I am in LA and I have a VAG-COM. if there is anyone in LA has an coil over conversion too, lets talk.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I can answer some quetions now:

2001 model year
6 speed manual
4Z7 907 357 ECM number (I think, going from memory)
ABS stuff from when I had suspension module unplugged (it is now plugged in again):
<i>Address 03: ABS Brakes
Control Module Part Number: 4Z7 907 389
Component and/or Version: ABS/ESP allrad D47
Software Coding: 06395
Work Shop Code: WSC 00810
1 Fault Found:

01310 - Level Control System Control Module (J197)
49-00 - No Communications</i>

Yes xenons
Now they do with suspension module plugged in
ESP now stays off as long as I don't get a "control limit not reached" MIL for the suspension as the module is plugged in and I try to trick it that it is at level 1.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:56 PM

Default Re: I can answer some quetions now:

Thanks, I updated a few of the questions and started a new thread.. The more info I can get the faster we can get it working...<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/234515.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/234515.phtml</a</li></ul>