Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

RNS-E with backup camera

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RNS-E with backup camera

Hi ar family! I'm not sure who this is in the link but I want to do the same with my 04 ar. Help please! Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0j-AhQDDew
Old 12-10-2008, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: RNS-E with backup camera

Busted! Thats my car and RnS-E

You need to get over to the navplus.us site and look in the Multimedia section

Basically

One DLO Home Dock Deluxe
One Ima Plus from www.kufatec.com with TWO inputs in case you want a backup camera
(Cangate if you want the camera to work )
And some wiring

PM or email me if you want more details - oh and one last thing you cannot update to the latest firmware on the RNS-E as they have killed the aux in video port.

ALex
Old 12-10-2008, 04:58 PM

Default Re: RNS-E with backup camera

GairyHamilton@aol.com send an email please I would like to get all the info on the install. Thanks
Old 12-11-2008, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default That guy is a seller on the Navplus forum. I want to do that too but

I emailed him and no response. I believe his name is PROXUS, if i remember correctly. Keep me posted if you figure it out. I want to do the same. There's a lot of info in the Navplus.us forum but there's also a lot of RNSE jargon that I don't understand. good luck
Old 12-11-2008, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I AM NOT PROXUS

I tried to email hm over ten times with no luck - this was all done wtih research on the navplus.us forum. As a matter of fact I was the first one in the US to do this mod. The only thing I do is provide advice. Please try to check for accuracy before you post something stupid here........

I had better luck with Lee (nsxjr) and his store and emailing him for help his store is www.nsxjr.com - you can email him for help.

Here is the info on getting an RNS-E and DLO and backup camera to work in an allroad

1) DLO Home Dock DELUXE (important to get the deluxe version not the normal one as it has the on screen display)
2) KUFATEC IMA PLUS -- this is the Media Adapter that has remote control codes preprogrammed into it (DLO is #18) and it also sports an extra video in for a reverse camera
3) CANGATE - you need this as the IMA Plus above will only autoswitch between the two video sources if it detects a reverse signal over CAN (in my case the IMA will always display the DLO and will switch to the camera when reverse is engaged) --- ONLY NEEDED FOR BACKUP CAMERA

You can also run the IMA as a video switching device to manually switch between the camera and DLO but I think that sort of defeats the purpose of this

THIS WORKS FOR ANY RNS-E SW up to 250 (the newest version , 260 kills the TV input so dont apply it)

4) Wiring harnesses for connections to power, ground etc for the DLO (the IMA from Kufatec comes with a wiring harness - you just need to hook it up)

5) A reverse camera (I bought a BOYOCAM and it works great but this not a requirement) - this camera was a rear plate camera. I cut the plate off so that it was only the TOP bar where the camera was (would not fit in the avant license bracket otherwise) - this is actually a benefit as you really cannot see the camera and hence reduce its stealability factor

The disassembly of the rear hatch was a bitch to put is simple - also the wiring of the connector through the little rubber hoses on the upper hatch was painful but doable with a coathook

The running of the wires forward followed the same path as the satellite antenna and unit wiring (left side)

The rest is VAGCOM and wiring!

I used the following connectors which I have to tell you have given me a breath of fresh air. Work every time, no crimping tool required. Really awesome

www.posi-lock.com
Old 01-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

muddycharles which gauge of posi-tap did u get?

http://www.posi-lock.com/posiplug.html
Old 01-06-2011, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by muddycharles
I tried to email hm over ten times with no luck - this was all done wtih research on the navplus.us forum. As a matter of fact I was the first one in the US to do this mod. The only thing I do is provide advice. Please try to check for accuracy before you post something stupid here........

I had better luck with Lee (nsxjr) and his store and emailing him for help his store is www.nsxjr.com - you can email him for help.

Here is the info on getting an RNS-E and DLO and backup camera to work in an allroad

1) DLO Home Dock DELUXE (important to get the deluxe version not the normal one as it has the on screen display)
2) KUFATEC IMA PLUS -- this is the Media Adapter that has remote control codes preprogrammed into it (DLO is #18) and it also sports an extra video in for a reverse camera
3) CANGATE - you need this as the IMA Plus above will only autoswitch between the two video sources if it detects a reverse signal over CAN (in my case the IMA will always display the DLO and will switch to the camera when reverse is engaged) --- ONLY NEEDED FOR BACKUP CAMERA

You can also run the IMA as a video switching device to manually switch between the camera and DLO but I think that sort of defeats the purpose of this

THIS WORKS FOR ANY RNS-E SW up to 250 (the newest version , 260 kills the TV input so dont apply it)

4) Wiring harnesses for connections to power, ground etc for the DLO (the IMA from Kufatec comes with a wiring harness - you just need to hook it up)

5) A reverse camera (I bought a BOYOCAM and it works great but this not a requirement) - this camera was a rear plate camera. I cut the plate off so that it was only the TOP bar where the camera was (would not fit in the avant license bracket otherwise) - this is actually a benefit as you really cannot see the camera and hence reduce its stealability factor

The disassembly of the rear hatch was a bitch to put is simple - also the wiring of the connector through the little rubber hoses on the upper hatch was painful but doable with a coathook

The running of the wires forward followed the same path as the satellite antenna and unit wiring (left side)

The rest is VAGCOM and wiring!

I used the following connectors which I have to tell you have given me a breath of fresh air. Work every time, no crimping tool required. Really awesome

www.posi-lock.com
How does the DLO Home Dock Deluxe play into the equation here?

Every thing else you've said makes perfect sense (I've been researching this for about a month) but that threw me for a loop.

Understood that we need to run pre-260 RNSE software so video works.

IMA for the video inputs

CAN GATE puts RFSL onto can-bus and is also connected to RNS-E so it knows when you are in reverse

Are you running lambo coding to get it to auto switch? My problem with that is lambo mode doesn't support SAT radio.