Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Seat Heaters Burning Through Seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Heaters Burning Through Seats

Hi All,

After a lengthy build for my K04'd allroad, I'm getting most of the kinks sorted out. Recently I have been running my seat heaters with no issue, then today noticed that in the front passenger bolster it burned right through and it has browned the leather on the driver side front seat in the same spot! I have attached some pics. Any body else run into this issue before? I'm hoping I don't have to try to source new seats :/

Best,

Mike

Driver Side:

Passenger Side:
Old 12-16-2012, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Take it to AoA or at least your local dealership. Because it can hurt you, they will fix it. This isn't the first time this issue has occurred.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Cool, that would be awesome if AoA would cover it as a safety issue, I will have to give them a call tomorrow. I've already sunk a ton into the build and the last thing I want to do is try to find new seats. Thanks for the info and quick reply!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Make sure you come back and let us know the results! I have the same exact issue in my AR, though it's on the drivers side. I thought I was SOL but depending on how you make out I may try to get it repaired.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blivitt02
Make sure you come back and let us know the results! I have the same exact issue in my AR, though it's on the drivers side. I thought I was SOL but depending on how you make out I may try to get it repaired.
Same here. Last winter my passenger side did the same thing (see picture). I'm not a big heated seat person but my wife is.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I called AoA this morning and opened a case with them. The only recall for the 2003 ar is the coil packs. I was asked to email pictures to audicare@audi.com showing the damage. I have the contact info for the rep I'm working with, anyone else with the same issue PM me and I will give your her number/extension. Hopefully if we log the same issue with the same rep someone will take notice.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

On a side note, since the burn I can't lock my car or the alarm goes off after about 5 minutes... Trying to see if its related or something completely else... One thing after another with this car, but I was really glad to be in the ar in the snow storm this morning.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

AoA just called back asking me to take the vehicle to a local Audi dealer to get looked at, any chance these guys are going to flash my tune back to stock?
Old 12-18-2012, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No. They shouldn't touch your ECU, and since the car is out of warranty it doesn't matter.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...eated+seat+aoa

Quick Reply: Seat Heaters Burning Through Seats