Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Seattle Info

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2001, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seattle Info

I'm in Seattle, and I'm thinking about buying an allroad. Does anyone have any thoughts regarding which dealer to use, Barrier or University? Also, what should I expect to pay now that there aren't so many dot-com millionaires running around? Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 04-11-2001, 02:10 PM

Default University Audi

There are so many reasons why University is better than Barrier: the service dept., the people, the number of cars on the lot that you can test drive, and so on. Barrier rubbed me the wrong way with their attitude when I was looking for my allroad (totally dismissing me and my wife). In the past they dropped me from the S4 waiting list without telling me (this was back in '97 before the S4 was state-side), and their service dept (at least for Porsches) wasn't anything to sing about either.

As far as price, University is remodelling, and there is some inconvenience to the buyer... meaning they're not making as many sales as they'd like & more likely to deal. I was able to get a fair deal, and hear about others who struck deals too. Barrier told me flat out it would be MSRP, no discussion, because the allroad is a high demand vehicle.

Michael
'01 allroad tip
Old 04-11-2001, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Seattle Info

After some research and really not getting anywhere with either University or Barrier, I decided to broaden my scope a bit and found a dealer in Bozeman, MT who would spec my allroad for me for $1200 over invoice. (No sh*t.) Yes, I am going to pick it up in June and drive back to Seattle but it's an ideal way to break it in as long as one moves through the gears to vary engine speed. All in all, well worth it!

If you're interested, the guy I am working with is Bill Drysdale(http://www.dickwalteraudi.com). Tell him Tim from Seattle sent you.

Good luck...
Old 04-11-2001, 08:04 PM

Default I'd vote for University

Had great luck with Ivan Velkov there. Both he and University, have been great over two cars and 5 years of service. Feel I've heard more bad stories about Barrier then University over the years.

I managed to get a good deal and I was the first on their order list and about the third allroad in, it wasn't a huge amount off but they did something which considering my leverage position, not much, impressed me !
Old 04-11-2001, 08:20 PM

Thanks for all your help!
Old 04-29-2001, 07:10 AM

Default Re: University Audi

I agree with you. I have bought 4 Audis at University. I picked up my allroad on Saturday. Will Crane is my sales guy. Ivan is great too. The service is fantastic at the service dept. John and Phil are aces.

I test drove an allroad at Barrier. Would not let me take it myself. Had to have the guy in the car bugging me. Went I went to University, I filled out the form, he gave the keys, and I was on my way. I came back, bought it and took it 3 hours later. (Considering Will was selling 3 cars at once, 3 hours was not bad!)
Old 04-30-2001, 11:15 AM

Default Re: University Audi

I'm in Seattle and planning on buying one next month. Since you bought out of inventory did University work with you?

Thanks,
Emilio

'95 Porsche 968
Guards Red, 58K
'01 allroad (soon!)
Old 07-17-2001, 06:51 PM

Default Re: I'd vote for University

I second the vote! I also shopped both Barrier and University and Ivan did a wonderful job of making this a great purchase experience. He's an Audi nut and knows sooo much more than the Barrier sales staff did. He's also checked back with me on several ocassions and really tries hard to earn your future business.

green tip all options sept 3rd seat