Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Service Nightmare: Audi of Manhattan (Zumbach)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You knew Zumbach sucked...you told us so...

You posted back in November of 06 about some noises and your 40K coming up. You even told the board how horible Zumbach is to deal with. You asked for suggestions and unfortunatly did not take the suggestions to heart.

Call your credit card company and dispute the charges. Then tell the owner of Zumbach either refund 100% of the charge you will call Channel 7's Consumer Reporter and possible a few others.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thats going to be like tapping blood from a stone

About the only claim you have is the $300 for the alignment. Depends on what your time is worth. I would chock it up to experience and never go there again. They have a bad reputation and I live in NYC metro and work in NYC some and would never go to them.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:57 AM

Default Guess the only thing that changed was their name, eh?

Its worth the $6.00 toll to bring it across the Hudson.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I had the same experience...

If I remember correctly the service rep's name was KEVIN NAGLE. Excuse my language, but he's a ****ing dick and I would never go back there again! I recommend anyone and everyone to STAY AWAY from ZUMBACH AUDI!

I went in to have my driver's seat fix. AoA agreed to fix it since the heated seats burned a hole through the leather and I was out of CPO warranty. Upon getting the car back, on the way home I noticed that all my lights on my OEM NAV (euro version) was out. At this moment I had the feeling that I should just suck it up and and fix it myself, but I didn't. Took it back the next day and told them the lights no longer come on with the headlights. They agreed to look at it. They called me after a few days and said "come and get it, it's all fixed. We just can't turn it on and enter the codes because it's a Euro unit and we don't have the codes in our system." (Even though I gave them the code before hand) After I get the car back and I tried to turn on the unit, there was NO power to it at all. I couldn't even turn the damn thing on! I removed it myself on the weekend and noticed about 4 wires ripped out of the NAV's harness. I don't even know what they were doing back there to begin with!! They were just replacing the leather seat.

I say you should deal with BBB instead of Zumbach. GOOD LUCK!
Old 01-02-2008, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Zumbach Sucks -- last time they serviced my car they smashed my rear bumper

and it was a screaming match in the service dept.

A few questions:

1) how do they justify a $1200 bill and did they ask you for authorization?

2) did you pay w/ a credit card? if so, maybe dispute the charge thru them

3) You can't be diplomatic with them, they aer *******s, threats are the only thing that works.

4) when all else fails, make a HUGe stink in the showroom on a busy Saturday. Blow a few sales for them and that may get their attention

5) ALWAYS check w/ the regional boards on Dealers, I do not knwo anyone that has had a good experience with them.

6) for future warratny work, talk to Brian at Riverside Audi. He's fantastic to deal with.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Ah -- nice call Paulroad, go the Shame Shame Shame on you route -- Get Arnold Diaz on them
Old 01-02-2008, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I had a bad experience with them too.....

When I used to lived in Manhattan I went there once to deal with a bad alternator. They did the repair properly but got me into doing their dent removal stuff and some panel work.But after that I found body scratches and dings on the car....

After that I started to go to New Jersey, to the Newton dealer....$1200 for that, this is closed to what my dealer will charge me for my timing belt work (around $1500). They got you big time. $300 for an alignment is crazy...
Old 01-03-2008, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Call AoA.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:56 PM

Default They are no longer Zumbach, now part of the Open Road chain of dealers

My experience has been quite similar, however... they do wash the car now, which is a bonus. If my office wasn't in walking distance and this car wasn't a definite throw back lease vehicle I would go elsewhere, although my experience with Classic in Westchester and New Country have been consistently abysmal.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:01 AM
KDL
AudiWorld Member

Default Update

The dealership has agreed to repay me in full for the $300 alignment and the $6o tire rotation. When I asked for reimbursement of the CV joint work, they claimed that the work I had to do on the CV boot and joint would not have been covered under warranty because it is an ordinary "wear and tear" item. The service manager seemed reasonably cooperative, but I am not sure about his contention that a cracked CV boot is not a warranty item. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Service Nightmare: Audi of Manhattan (Zumbach)