Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

single wheel Sagging suspension issue ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default single wheel Sagging suspension issue ? ?

I have been searching past logs and narrowed down what I think is the problem. My front drivers side air suspension sinks low and I get a ride height/compressor light ONLY when the car sits overnight in the LOWEST setting. Is this the air spring? what is an air spring and why does this happen only when the car is in position 1?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:12 AM
trg
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That's where the leak has developed in the fabric of the air bag so that's where

it will lose air. According to Ex-PzKW Cdr, it's common for the bag to leak at only one level.

Search for leaky suspension, leaking airbag, etc. and you'll learn a lot.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: single wheel Sagging suspension issue ? ?

ok , i just had this problem last week. this is what i did.i turned the front wheels all the way to the left,then i sprayed soapy water on to the air spring . don't be afraid to soak the thing in water. pay close attention to the bottom of the spring where it folds over the strut.if it is leaking you will start to see bubbles forming.then you will need to replace the air spring.i was all worried about this last week, but after taking it on over the weekend. i found that it was a very easy repair to make. Tony
Old 08-21-2007, 10:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Agreed. My RF airbag only leaked at L2 if left overnight. On L1, it

didn't leak enough to cause the light to come on after just sitting overnight. Fortunately it was under warranty. That was several years ago and no probs with air bags since.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Me too.

I just had my front airbags replaced two weeks ago. Initially I started seeing the compressor kick in and the level light flash as it raised back to normal height when I started the car. That was almost a year ago. Then it slowly deteriorated where one morning the front was slammed from L2. It was fine for a while than it started doing it regularly and got to the point it wouldn't hold at any level. It took about a year where I could take it to the dealer and the front would slam "on command". Luckily it was still under extended warranty.

I think the explanation was in L1 the bag folds onto itself sealing the leak.