Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Spare Tire Air Pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spare Tire Air Pump

Can someone tell me where the spare tire pump is *supposed* to be stored on the allroad? Is it in the compartment underneath the jack (driversside/rear) or within the spare tire wheel well? I got my AR a month ago and I don't believe I have that pump. It's hard to search for information on this because 99% of the hits I get are for the air suspension pump, not the spare tire pump.....

I'd like to replace it and get the car back to 100% OEM. Plus it'd be good to actually be able to inflate the spare should I have a flat tire.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It stores next to the spare tire.I highly reccomend to get a jump starter instead.It is more useful then an oem compressor.Something like this.
http://store.iqshoppe.com/servlet/-s...t-Power/Detail
Old 01-09-2011, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MYD-WGN
It stores next to the spare tire.I highly reccomend to get a jump starter instead.It is more useful then an oem compressor.Something like this.
http://store.iqshoppe.com/servlet/-s...t-Power/Detail
Thanks, I do have something similar to that, but it's just a jump box, not a compressor as well. It'd be nice to find a jump box/compressor that would fit in the space under my jack kit. I'm guessing a 6 disc change is supposed to go there normally? Maybe I should just buy a off-the-shelf 12V compressor with pouch and stash that under the jack kit. I do want the OEM pump in place just cause I'm **** like that.
Old 07-03-2022, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default We had the same issue - found it in the hatch inside the left hand side of the boot.

Originally Posted by swamper8
Can someone tell me where the spare tire pump is *supposed* to be stored on the allroad? Is it in the compartment underneath the jack (driversside/rear) or within the spare tire wheel well? I got my AR a month ago and I don't believe I have that pump. It's hard to search for information on this because 99% of the hits I get are for the air suspension pump, not the spare tire pump.....

I'd like to replace it and get the car back to 100% OEM. Plus it'd be good to actually be able to inflate the spare should I have a flat tire.

Old 07-04-2022, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

NNNNnnnnnooooooooo!!

The tire compressor is in a small box attached in the trunk between the tire and the rear sheetmetal. Raining today so this is the best pix I could take.
t

If you search for Audi Allroad Tire Pump on Ebay, there are images of the pump itself. This thing has a plug for the power outlet in the luggage area and a hose with connector for the tire valve. It takes forever to fill the collapsed spare to useable pressure, but it DOES do the job.

The cover in the previous posting provides access to the tool kit. The opposite one in the trunk has the radio stuff buried in it.
Old 07-09-2022, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

That’s strange - it certainly was not located there in our Audi (bought 2014 in the U.K. from new, so presumably no-one has moved it).

Where yours is located is exactly where we expected it to be, hence the panic when we got a flat tyre and couldn’t find it until we opened every single hatch, eventually finding it in the hatch door on the left hand side of the boot (trunk).
Old 07-09-2022, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Note that this forum is for the original Audi Allroad made from 2001-2005.