Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

speeding ticket (final results).

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speeding ticket (final results).

Well, today was my court day for that 96mph ticket. I appeared in court just in time, court starts, judge calls my name and guess what? both officers are present. Both officers lied and I mean lied trough their teeth. I mean I know that I was speeding but they made up so much other ****. After they were done with their lies judge turned to me and asked if I had any questions. My first question was if patrol car speedometer was properly calibrated on which she answered "yes". My next question was if she can present proof to the court, of course she did not have that with her. I immediately motioned case be dismissed due to no evidence of calibration present and to my complete shock judge denied my motion and said something completely unheard of, "officers word is good enough, do you have any other questions?" I knew then that this is it no matter what I say I will loose so I rested my case and as i expected I lost the case. Now I going to have to appeal, it is not the matter of money anymore it's the principle. Now I am going to go to the end and make that focker take his judgement and shove it up his tail pipe. Somebody got to bring justice to their so called "court room"
Old 07-17-2003, 07:25 PM

Default Wish I had read about your ticket a month ago. I just beat a speede about 6 months ago...

(60 in a 30), and I've got some good resources to fight speeders. First and foremost, you have to find out officers day off, and try to have court day on his day off. Always postpone the first court appearance (you usually get 1 or 2). Anyway, sorry you got clipped. Appealing will now cost you. You might want to seek counsel if the points will bother you. In NY, under three points should not affect your insurance. If you want more info, I could probably dig it up.
Old 07-18-2003, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Here's the ticket...

As Pennsylvania's Drivers point champion and professional speeder, I have my tricks down pat. At Roxreps said, find out the officers day off and try to sched. court on that date. However, most courts will find out that date as well and may disallow that. Next, Plea bargain for a lesser charge. If you are in court, most likely you did something wrong, it's the degree of 'wrong' that is in question. I always throw a bit of good evidence out there and then ask for no points/no insurance co. notification, but usually pay a fine. Lastly, and now-a-days this is my move. I found a really trick lawyer who specializes in traffic issues. I have yet to lose a ticket, but at $250 a pop it is expensive. Typically the lawyer deals with things before we even get in the court room, tells judgy, we sign papers and I'm out of there in 5 minutes. This is about the only time I'll crow about lawyers though. Otherwise, I don't advocate driving like an idiot then using a lawyer to bail you out. My speeding is usually 15 or 20mph over at highway speeds, not in school zones.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:43 AM
rcc

How do you find the officer's work schedule? Call the station and ask?
Old 07-18-2003, 07:07 AM

Default Yes call the station, and ask for the officer. Without really asking, try to find out when he's off

Or you can go down to the station. This is available to the public it's public record.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:10 AM

Default i agree. I don't think $250. is too much considering this speeder will affect your insurance

payments for the next 36 months. Probably amounting to well over the lawyer's fee.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default My experience ...

I got caught in a speed trap on the PIP (NJ) doing 70 in a 55 in the left lane passing slower cars going uphill. The cop was at the top of the hill and tagged me. I called an attorney in the town and he negotiated a "not wearing seat belt" citation. So I paid a $35 with no points and $225 to the attorney. I was happy.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

shoulda hired a lawyer
Old 07-18-2003, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

i almost did, but he wanted $350 upfront whether we win or not...
Old 07-18-2003, 05:25 PM

Default Still worth it. If you're going to appeal you better have a

plan. The appeal process can be costly and they don't have patience for the unprepared (meaning you can't go into appeals court with what you went into court the first time).

Quick Reply: speeding ticket (final results).