Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Stereo questions - Sirius satellite and CD changers

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo questions - Sirius satellite and CD changers

We have a CD changer that we wanted to install in the back of the allroad - it was in the '01 and '02 so I'm just carrying it forward to the 4.2. Apparently satellite radio takes up all the inputs for the head unit, and the dealer couldn't find a place to install the changer. Can anyone confirm this? The owner's manual hasn't been updated for satellite radio (it's a separate addendum) and still shows a CD changer as being supported by the system. I wonder if it would work to unplug the satellite radio and plug in the chager. If I did this, I wonder if the SAT button would switch to the changer, or if pressing the CD button twice would do it.

I know, there's a changer in the dash, but I drive alone most of the time and find that ejecting and inserting while I drive isn't safe. Also I tend to listen to a few CDs all the time, and only want to change a couple - the changer solves that. I would willingly give up satellite radio (based on what you can hear in the 12 demo presets you get I'm unimpressed with content, and the sound quality is lower than FM and CD) to get my changer back.

Mallroad