Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Suspension and ESP disabled, Headlight warning light on..

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suspension and ESP disabled, Headlight warning light on..

Just had the clutch done,(throw out bearing went bad) got the car back with the air suspension and ESP not workings s well as the headlight warning light and suspension warning light on dash lit.

There are no lights lit on the suspension level cluster. Nothing happens when I press the button to raised the car nor when I try holding down both buttons to try to put in jack mode. No sound from compressor. Car seems to be at level 2 and holding and is drivable.

The ESP, next to the suspension level buttons also seems to be dead. Nothing happens when I press it. Nothing lights up in the dash showing its on or off.

The left headlight seems out of alignment and the headlights do not reset level when I start the car.

Does anyone know if these symptoms are all related? Obviously the tech did something to create these problems when doing the clutch and I will be returning the car this week to him. Could it be something as simple as one of the suspension level sensors was disconnected and not put back after the repair?

Any thoughts on this are appreciated.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://allroadfaq.com/main/index.php...akes&Itemid=67
Old 01-20-2013, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got under the car this afternoon to see if I could spot anything unusual and discovered that both leveling sensors on the front control arms were disconnected. I plugged them in and instantly heard the compressor run. The suspension leveling system works properly again but the warning light on the dash went out and then on steady again. May have to VAG COM the system to erase the fault.

The ESP system works properly again.

The headlight level warning light is still on. Will look at brake light switch as suggested. Any other suggestions are appreciated.