Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Suspension problem after 402 mod

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension problem after 402 mod

Just did the 402 mod, on my 2004 Allroad, took some time before it was all level but it worked. I lowered the car too much and tried to get it back up, but what ever value I enter in channel 1 will give me an error and nothing happens. I get the wait message in channel one, but this will not go away. The car is stuck in level 2, but the car is now all the way down. I tried moving to a different level, but it will not move up or down any more. I read some thing about a patch from VAG for the software. Could this be the issue?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,

Thomas
Old 09-29-2007, 10:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Unclip the F/L sensor from the control arm and move it until the VAG shows "Valid", a second

person to help out is almost mandatory. Should the sensor not respond at all then it might be toasted. Remember, it's just a encased resistor, nothing more.

This can also be tested: shut of the car, restart the VAG program, start the car, select channel 1 and rock the car left/right; see if the VAG changes from invalid to valid or reversed.

Make sure your car is running for any VAG mod to ensure a minimum of 12V for proper function.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

^ good advice
Old 09-30-2007, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sometimes, for no explainable reason, it takes a few tries, I've done mine several times...

and without failure it takes me several attempts to successfully log in and out. I've tried everything suggested as well, updated VAG software, running the car with the my computer plugged into the cigarette lighter, closing all programs. Mine has only successfully worked when the ignition is turned off, never has it worked with the engine on or even switched on. the control module in my car is brand new as well. I'm 99% sure it is a VAG problem from ross-tech, I think the software was never designed to be used with PC's by weekenders but that is just my theory.
Try it without the key in the ignition and the driver door open.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sometimes, for no explainable reason, it takes a few tries, I've done mine several times...

Thanks for all the good tips. I tried driving around the block very slow until the suspension allowed me again to raise the level. It was stuck all the way down. I did, out of desperation try at one point the jack position to see if this works and it may got stuck in that position and I could not get out of it. After I started out in level four and raised the car step by step 70 mm I am back to where it was. I don't know for sure, but I may have been to fast entering the new value before the car re leveled it self in level two, even though I started all the leveling changes in level two. My target was 15 front and 12 mm rear. Some how I ended up way too low. Again thanks for the tips; I am sure that the software did not work because the suspension was outside of the normal operating range, which your tricks and fixes would have solved.

Regards,

Thomas