Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

SUV's SUCK

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You are wrong again!

It has a 201 HP engine and I frequently tow a 4500 lbs. trailer loaded with kids a stuff!!! up and down the mountains of Oregon! Sorry but keep your Suburban and quote me facts not fiction!!!
Old 02-21-2003, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default And more passenger space! It's a ridiculous classification, but it's based on vehicle weight. ->

They should rate cargo/passenger carrying capacity, according to weight. Then the allroad would be far better than many other mid/fullsizes vehicles - while still burning a fair amount of gas. =)
Old 02-21-2003, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I bet I can tow 8000lbs on my mountain bike
Old 02-21-2003, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Heh... =) Mad skills...
Old 02-21-2003, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yeah, I'm really impressed with you...NOT

1. High profit ensures employment, and continued production of a product. You speak of profit like it's something bad - maybe in a communist country, but not in America. SUV is not crack, despite the attempts of the uberliberals to paint it as an evil thing.

2/3. "we have rules that tend to level the playing field so that people who can't necessarily afford an SUV don't have to run scared in their smaller/cheaper "POS's." ????

BWA HA HAH HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

So what this is really about is your political sensibilities are offended because not everyone can afford an suv. So in the mind of the uberliberal, you have to take away someone else's right to have one because YOU can't have one? What a crock of crap.

And boo frickin hoo, if America consumes more. We also produce more than any other nation. I suppose you're one of those treehuggers who would like to see the Kyoto Bull**** Treaty ratified so that we can penalize America while giving a free ride to other big polluters like China and other third world nations.

You are an America Hater.

4. Dude, people buy all sorts of things because of perceived status. Harley's ads directly appeal to the senses. Nissan used to advertise "own the road." BMW is "The Ultimate Driving Machine." ALL effective advertising is an emotional appeal. People make decisions based upon an emotional decision.

Like I said, it's your own personal insecurity/foibles/whatever, if you think all people buy suv's to say FU. I don't know of a single person who feels that way. I feel sorry for you if you do.

5. My point was if you add up all the other low gas mileage cars and polluters out there, they end up being a big number of vehicles. The reason the radical liberals rails against the suv's is because it makes for a politically easy target. As usual, liberals go for the easy soundbite.

6. Hell, no one needs cars even. Isn't that what the uberliberals would like? Who needs an allroad? Do you? You could do just as well with an A6 avant or a Suburau AWD. Much less HP, but it's still the same basic concept. And I disagree that minivans are any more fuel efficient. A smaller engined vehicle, loaded up with people will still get crappy gas mileage. I've been in minivans that get in the low teens gas mileage.

Everyone hates us because we consume irresponsibly? That's what the uberliberals would like you to think. The fact is, not everyone hates America. Well, you do. The world is a tough place. It's also competitive economically. America is the 400lb gorilla, and the lone superpower. Naturally there is jealousy and envy. Why do you hate America so much?

7. I would argue that YOU are the intolerant one. I have not come here trying to shut you up. Instead, I have stated that this being America, the land of freedom of choice, people should be allowed to purchase what they want. You argue that because it offends you, suv's should be gone. Who's the intolerant one?

And your sterotyping of suv drivers is just sad and pathetic. I thought the liberal position was to be open minded? My how easy it is to label suv drivers as dominating yet insecure, yuppie trend followers. I suppose you have forged a path of independence of thought and anti-yuppism by buying an Audi?

Why don't you drive what you want and let others drive what they want? Or is liberalism becoming the new facism?
Old 02-21-2003, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Perhaps, but 4500 lbs is not 8 or 9000

And the sub will have a lot easier time doing that than your Eurovan. I can't begin to tell you how many VW's I pass going up the grapevine in LA.
Old 02-21-2003, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Never said it could! Only the facts mam!

If you need it get it and use it!
The point is which is not sinking in is that 99% of us won't tow 8000 lbs ever so why drive a POS to take my kids to school in and get food at the store etc. if I don't need it! You are the product of Detriot brain washing! It worked! Go buy one for your wife and your teenager!
AudiWorld Senior Member

I bet I can out handle it on my Mt bike!!!

Wow, how many times can you use the word "liberal" in one post?
Old 02-21-2003, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

What's a "liberal"? One who works in a "liberary"?

Quick Reply: SUV's SUCK