Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Tether anchor points on the 2002 allroad

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 06:34 AM
jav
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Two things...

According to my Britax Roundabout manual, the tether is suppose to be used on the seat when the seat is rear facing and is specifically designed to do so.

I completely agree with your assertion that anything that could potentionally deform or crush in a crash is not a place to have a tether routed over, but again the Audi manual states that this is how it's suppose to be done.

John
Old 02-26-2003, 06:41 AM
jav
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Seatcheck website

We started out with a Graco car seat/carrier with the base. The base goes in the car and the seat snaps into it. We had that inspected and they thought it was good. The Britax with the LATCH and tether is EASILY twice as secure in the car. It doesn't move more that 1/2" in any direction and that's with really reefing on it. The whole car bounces around but the seat sits nice and tight.

John
Old 02-26-2003, 06:44 AM
jav
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: The cargo net on the seat back can be removed (when the seat is folded down).

I'll check it out tonight or tomorrow. We're heading on a short roadtrip on Saturday so I'd like to have it in there as secure as possible.

John Virnig
'02 allroad 6-speed
Mom's grocery getter/race car
Old 02-26-2003, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have the Roundabout rear facing with my 10 month old. Britax says a tether should be used.....

I unbolted the outboard rear seat bolt on the passengers front seat and inserted a metal bracket. The bracket is a seat anchor from my Sparco racing harnesses in my 911. It has a hole on one end and slot on the other. The seat bolt goes down through the hole, the bracket is wedged between the seat base and the floor. I then clip the tether into the slot on the bracket. Works great! (did the same thing on the Explorer as well.) Roundabout doesn't move one bit.

Roundabout is a GREAT seat. Love the construction and the way the belts hold the baby in.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

At least this typo diddn't turn out as bad as the last time I typed "I" in place of "It" =)
Old 02-27-2003, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default That's Exactly What I've Done With Our Britax(s)

As much as it pains me to say it...itucad has it right... ;-)

I fold the seat down the passenger side rear seat just enough to slide off the net, route the tether strap between the seat back and net enclosure, slide the net back on, fold the seats back up, and tighten the tether down. Works slick to use the net...other than when you want to fold the seat down.

I try to leave the seat in as much as possible since there's a bit of work pulling it out, but it is tethered tight and the net is still functional.

I do the same thing on my S4 Avant; it works slick.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:32 PM
jav
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Tether routing on the 2002 allroad

Well, I did what ya'll were talkin' about. I un-LATCH'ed the Britax, folded down the seats and popped off the net retractor (are we still talking about cars here? For some reason I feel like "flux capacitor" or "anti-matter accelerator" should be coming up soon). I hooked up the tether for the seat, replaced the net retractor (!) and finished installing the seat. Piece o' cake!

But the owners manual still doesn't say to do it that way.

John Virnig
Grateful owner of a '02 allraod 6-speed