Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Is a there a way to track the movement the last time my car was used?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2024, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is a there a way to track the movement the last time my car was used?

Relevant context/notes:
  1. This assumes that the car's internal navigation system was not used during any portion of the drive (ie if any navigation was used, and I somewhat doubt it would have been, it would have been through an app on a bluetooth connected device);
  2. The vehicle is a 2018 Allroad (A4); and
  3. I am the owner of the vehicle in every definition of the term (ie registered, fiscally, etc.) and have had a MyAudi account setup since 2018 and Audi Connect is active (but I don't really know what that is and, as such, have never knowingly used it).
I lent my car to someone (in the realm of close friend, significant other, etc.) and - for reasons that we (hopefully) don't need to and/or I don't really want to get into (but I will if it is a prerequisite for getting an answer to this question) - I would like to know where the car went during that drive. I know that when my friend's mom's Audi (wagon, not sure which model but was an older model than mine) was stolen, they were able to track it (that's a crazy story in itself) so I would think that the GPS tracking information is kept someone within the vehicle's computer. So:
  • Is it possible for me to retrieve that data somehow? If so how?
  • Or is that something that only the dealer can do? If so, any info of cost and what is required of that process?
  • Is it something that any good auto repair shop can do?
  • Or is this just not achievable without this being related to a bigger situation (ie like if the car had been stolen, police or legal involvement, situations involving subpoenas, etc.)?
  • If this information is available, what form will it take? Will it be GPS co-ordinates? Will it be on a map? etc
Any questions that, in being answered could help, feel free to ask.

Thank you.

Last edited by QuePasaNisiMasa; 05-29-2024 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-01-2024, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

My Toyota Sienna has maps of your trips, which is great. For the Audi, you can try to Audi app and choose the option that fits your need "valet, speed, geofence, stolen".