Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Tire pressure monitor warning indicator problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire pressure monitor warning indicator problem

Yesterday I drove on smooth dirt roads into a national park. The weather was 80F and dry. The suspension was set to third highest level. After the car had been sitting for a while, I restarted the car. The tire pressure warning for ALL FOUR TIRES came on and stayed on. Restarting the car did not reset it. However, once I got out on the paved roads, the indicators went out.

Has anyone had a problem like this? What is your advice?
Old 07-31-2003, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mine's done this lately too. I told it to relearn pressures. I think (and this is only a guess)

that the temperature compensation of the system is off, so if it's X degrees hotter than when the pressures were last stored, it's going to trip the warning. I've had no problems since resetting the pressures.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Same problem. . .first I. . .

. . .read the manual. It said that condition indicates that MORE than ONE tire has a pressure issue.

I took my car to the Audi dealer (and the amount of driving after having been in a parking lot over night was unler .1 mile -- so I felt confident the tires were "cold.")

I asked the dealer to set the front tires to 38 and the rears to 36. Sure enough three of the four tires were not where I wanted them -- and this was when I took the car "off road" into a field that was being used for a Parking Lot at a local fair.

Perhaps the squirming of the tires -- well what else could it be, I thought -- had allowed enough of a pressure drop to cause the "more than one tire indication" to happen.

After the pressures were set, I started the car and set the system to "learn" the current pressures. In 9 months this is the second relearning I have done and only the second time the system detected pressure issues -- both times the system was right.

Chalk it up to my not understanding, until I read the manual.