Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Transmission trouble. I help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Check out Eriksson Industries. Not much on the site, since they mainly deal with shops and/or techs in the business, not much on walk-in retail customers. My colleague from ZF referred me to them. Are you trying to get a complete rebuild or just a torque converter? They usually have some rebuilts in stock, but when I checked a few weeks ago when ordering parts, they had a 10 business day back log from the time the unit is ordered. They may be caught up by now though.

http://erikssonindustries.com/
funny i was just looking at them. i contacted them earlier and they would do a rebuild for half the price. (250)

how are their rebuilds? would i be better off getting a new one or having it rebuilt?
Old 02-21-2012, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rohit13
funny i was just looking at them. i contacted them earlier and they would do a rebuild for half the price. (250)

how are their rebuilds? would i be better off getting a new one or having it rebuilt?
Just get a rebuilt. I don't think you can find a new 5HP19FL/FLA transmission, as they are older now and any old stock from back when they were building them will not have any updated parts. The rebuilds from Eriksson will have all the updated ZF parts with torque converter, filled with ZF ATF, hooked up and ran on a dyno to make sure it's all working fine. Just give them the make and model car with the ZF model number and 3 letter code it you have it. Take a picture of the ZF plate on the bottom of the trans or the side. That will have the transmission type, serial number and version it is so you can make sure you order the correct one.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2.7taudi
As for the D/G brake drum ... The tranny uses the D/G drum circuit when slowing down also, not just reverse... The Allroad uses a giant c-clip that holds the drum in the case, so when the drum cracks, the clip holds the edges in place, so you end up with a weak reverse. Eventually, the D circuit piston o-ring gets cut from hyper extending in the cracked drum and then you loose reverse all together.
I don't see these parts listed here
http://www.zf.com/na/content/media/u...s/5HP19FLA.pdf

I see Cylinder D and a piston and o-ring but it isn't clear where this D/G brake drum is. Do you have any part numbers?