Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Turn Signal Troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal Troubleshooting

Hi everyone, I could use your help troubleshooting a right front turn signal that doesn't flash, but works fine in parking light mode (separate filaments). Left turn signal operation is normal. Right turn signal relay flashes fast and side and rear turn signals work but flash fast. I've replaced the lamp twice and the lamp holder once, traced wiring harnesses, cleaned connections, and checked the fuse. As I understand it, the relay is part of the hazard light switch in dash center, but I don't know how to get to it. Is the relay the type that one part of a three function (left, right, all) could malfunction? If so, how is it replaced?
Old 06-13-2010, 07:34 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seeing how you've done all the obvious replacements, my guess is with yours, the relay has to be on the fritz.

i do know you have to pull the radio out of the way to get to the innards of the dash underneath where the relay is, it might just be a matter of pulling the radio and popping the relay out from the back
Old 06-13-2010, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turn signal relay isn't too difficult to replace. I did it last month. Step by step instructions are somewhere on the Internet. But I'm too lazy to find the link for you. But, it's out there.

Originally Posted by seallroad
Hi everyone, I could use your help troubleshooting a right front turn signal that doesn't flash, but works fine in parking light mode (separate filaments). Left turn signal operation is normal. Right turn signal relay flashes fast and side and rear turn signals work but flash fast. I've replaced the lamp twice and the lamp holder once, traced wiring harnesses, cleaned connections, and checked the fuse. As I understand it, the relay is part of the hazard light switch in dash center, but I don't know how to get to it. Is the relay the type that one part of a three function (left, right, all) could malfunction? If so, how is it replaced?