Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Uncommon air suspension issue...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 01:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uncommon air suspension issue...

Hey all,
New to Audiworld and coming up on a year of owning my first '05 allroad, 2.7T, going strong at 108k. I've loved every minute of driving this car, but have come upon a head scratcher...

Getting in the car to go to work last week, the suspension had randomly risen overnight to level 3. I drove it like that appx 15 miles to the jobsite, most of it on dirt roads anyway. After work, the car had risen to 4! And now will not lower.

I don't suspect there is a leak as it's been sitting high and mighty at 4 for a few days now, while working in and around it to find the issue;
-changed the LCM in the left boot compartment
-also swapped the horn relay for the LCS relay as they seem to be the same and it did nothing.
-40a fuse related to the level control was good.
-all wires and hoses seem to be good as well.
Next move is obviously to scan for fault codes, but I wanted to rule out a few easy things first.

Anyone have any insight on this? Ive seen alot of stuff out there about system malfunctions when there is a leak, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Thanks in advance!

Old 05-06-2024, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I have not seeing that behavior before but VAG-COM is your friend here.

Detailed scans and ability to run different tests. Check the Ross-tech website, as well as this forum for relevant posts.

Likely not a leak, but a sensor/switch of some sort.
Old 05-10-2024, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update: Codes found...

Ross-tech interface and software received.
1 fault code pulled:
"01400- suspension level control
08-10 control limit surpassed intermittent "

Ross-tech wiki says that it could be a valve at a particular strut, or the valve block. Does this make sense if I still haven't lost any air? Not sure what my next move would be, I'm apprehensive to bleed air off the block from any one strut for fear of decalibration.
Old 05-14-2024, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

There is "Control block" (I don't know the name), that interfaces between the four airbag in each corner and the air compressor. It is used to distribute air and empty air from the four air bags.

You should be able to run some tests of this with your VAG-COM. lowering and raising the car. I don't have the details, but try to search this forum as well as Ross-tech. I would guess that your block has an issue letting air out, which is unusual. Most has the opposite problem.

Old 05-19-2024, 11:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Check on the valve block if there is a mistake in the connection order of the air pressure piping to the 4 corners. See attached file