Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

V60/OnStar installation kit update

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V60/OnStar installation kit update

Sorry for the delay, but I've been away.

The V60 gets mounted in the center cradle in a unit that pops up and forward when you push a button. To stow it, simply push it back and secure the latch, then shut the cover.

You can either dial by pressing the phone button and saying "dial" and then speaking a number, digit by digit, saying "call" and the a nametag you previously recorded on, or by pressing the r/t button and scrolling through the phone book programmed in the V60. Works cool, and I've found the voice recognition gets better with time (either the computer has learned me or Ive learned the computer.)

Right now, my a/r is in service because I cannot get caller id information to appear on an incoming call. The radio simply shuts off sound, the phone rings and the center display reads "incoming call" I BELIEVE this is fixable, I'll let you know.

Other than that, my only gripe is that if you want to check voice mail, while you can program your phone to pause before entering a passcode, there is no way to enter a dtmf tone since the phone is locked and shut in the audi cradle. Maybe someone knows where to buy a handheld dtmf tone generator to express a 7 (delete on verizon) or 9 (save), etc...

Other than that, Its way cool. I'm also having the rear spoiler installed (from audi) so Ill post a pic when I get it back.
Old 05-31-2002, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the update - would love a copy of the pdf tech sheet