Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Visit to Dealer shop

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Visit to Dealer shop - Failed Control Module

Just wanted to share with you my visit to AUDI dealer service again. I'll keep this short with question in the end, appreciate any info you can share.

2001 AR with 135K, used as a serious workhorse for multitude of purposes.

Couple of weeks ago air suspension started started acting up, having enough experience with the suspension problems, I knew is was not individual corner problem, nose was down, rear all up and lights were going on and off, then suddenly compressor was not reacting. Well, I say 90% chance it is the control module. Nobody around me has code reader so I go to dealer for the to confirm this. $105 Diagnostics later, I am confirmed correct. Code 65535 Control module defective. GUess how much they quote for a new one !!! $1320 !!!

Anyone know of a good source for refurbished control modules ? I know this is not something I can do myself because even if I managed to plug the new module in, I would have to have means to set the level correct etc. BUt I do know a good trustworthy shop nearby who can do all this, I am just trying to find good source for this module.

Any feedback and info for a source highly appreciated !

Last edited by KekePerkele; 11-02-2011 at 05:42 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

The first place I'd try is audis4parts.com

If they have the part, it will be cheap, and their service is great.

Originally Posted by KekePerkele
Just wanted to share with you my visit to AUDI dealer service again. I'll keep this short with question in the end, appreciate any info you can share.

2001 AR with 135K, used as a serious workhorse for multitude of purposes.

Couple of weeks ago air suspension started started acting up, having enough experience with the suspension problems, I knew is was not individual corner problem, nose was down, rear all up and lights were going on and off, then suddenly compressor was not reacting. Well, I say 90% chance it is the control module. Nobody around me has code reader so I go to dealer for the to confirm this. $105 Diagnostics later, I am confirmed correct. Code 65535 Control module defective. GUess how much they quote for a new one !!! $1320 !!!

Anyone know of a good source for refurbished control modules ? I know this is not something I can do myself because even if I managed to plug the new module in, I would have to have means to set the level correct etc. BUt I do know a good trustworthy shop nearby who can do all this, I am just trying to find good source for this module.

Any feedback and info for a source highly appreciated !
Old 11-02-2011, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

I am also now reading about some 40A fuse / relay that I think I want to check before investing into anything else. I read that it might be under the hood and I also read that it is behind the knee bolster but nobody can point to accurate location, does anyone know diagram or photos of the exact location of this relay / fuse ..... all I know is that it is 40Amp. All input much appreciated.