Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

VW and Audi show Quality problems on recent surveys on customer

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VW and Audi show Quality problems on recent surveys on customer

satisfaction and Chrisler beat out Mercedes. Toyota and Infiniti at the top. Audi, Mercedess, VW and other show deterieration after 2-3 years. Thecars don't hold up.VW way at the bottom. See today's NY Times. This is anotehr reason I lease. Ater 39 months I am into a new one.
8 months left on my allroad lease. I'll probably get another allroad while I still can-just got back from a wonderful San Francisco to Oregon Round trip. What a friggen great ride!
Approaching 40,000. miles No problems except for several latches breaking more than once each in the back cargo and cover areas.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i'm convinced that depends on the mentality of the car owners, people who buy toyota's i find are

not car nuts and don't expect too much from their cars. case in point was talking to this guy who had a toyota suv(don't know which one) and ask him if he had any problems with it. he said no and his girlfriend that was standing there said what about that time the catalatic converter went bad and your car broke down on the side of the road. anybody on this board would throw a royal fit if that happen in their allroad but this guy shrugged it off as minor.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default On the other hand...

My mom's toyota went around 200,000 miles w/o even oil changes for the last 100,000 (I know!)... before <i>she decided</i> to replace it with something new. The Toyota was still running - poor neglected beast. =)
Old 07-08-2003, 02:58 PM

Default Re: On the other hand...

On the other hand we expect to have less problems when you pay almost 50K bu I find that you actually do have less problems on cheaper cars. The inlaws PT Cruser is fun to drive and not one single problem. Ihave has three cargo cobers and hateches thathave broken off and well as two exterior turn lights replaced-interior clips broke off?? How does this happen. Also no lag on the PT Cruser-the Turbo one!!
Old 07-08-2003, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default oh, well i wasn't saying toyota's were bad, just saying people that drive them aren't as nutty and

worried about every little thing.if your mom wasn't worried about the engine oil she was probably driving around with 50/50 brake fluid/h20 also.: ) my dad had a ford van with over 200,000 miles on it when he gave it away, don't know if he changed the oil but he drove
it around thru ne winters with just h20 in the radiator. i know, had to replace 2 freeze out plugs because of it. he would of found it a waste of time to fill out a customer satisfaction survey so no one would know of his mileage.
Old 07-08-2003, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

oh please the PT cruiser shouldn't even be mentioned what a waste of metal.
Old 07-08-2003, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Heh... agreed. =)

Audi owners are (and need to be) a little more particular. =)
Old 07-08-2003, 03:21 PM

Default I would have to disagree...

Of the last 8 cars I have purchased, 3 have been Toyotas and I have been a car and truck nut for more years than I want to remember. My last heavily modded vehicle was a 97 4Runner with as many if not more performance mods than my S4 has. It was written up for a feature article in one of the truck journals and unlike the S4, I did 90% of the work on it myself. Our first RAV4 was bought to be our "junker" car to drive and leave at airports and the such, but it was so dependable and so great in snow that my wife fell in love with it and made it her main car. She liked it so much that she had to get a 2000 before the current design was released in 2001. If she didn't dislike the current RAV styling, she would be on her 3rd now rather than the Forester. My allroad has been the most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned. I have never made so many between routine service dealer repair visits with any other car and it only has 20,000 miles on it. The only one that came close was a Pontiac Bonneville. We hated that car because of all its interior rattles, but even with it I never really lost faith in it mechanically. I think the allraod is the only vehicle I have ever really lost faith in and have a little fear that I might not make it to where I am going. That is why I will be trading it in on a 2004 Outback VDC next week. Just reliable, basic transportation to get me back and forth to work. Toyota doesn't really have anything that appeals to me at the moment and the closest Lexus dealer is just too far from home base.
Old 07-08-2003, 03:29 PM

Default Sorry all mighty. The PT turbo is small quick and fun-not not an allroad but for hallf the price

a good little car.
Old 07-08-2003, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you need to correct me if i'm wrong but i thought your problems with the allroad were false alarms

with interior motion sensors and defective oil level sensor or was it an oil leak? if i missed something please correct me but that is just a sucky dealer and not anything that would leave you on the side of the road. melted catalytic converter that leaves you stuck on the side of the road is worse then an oil leak. at least you can buy oil and continue on until the proper dealer can fix.

Quick Reply: VW and Audi show Quality problems on recent surveys on customer