Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

What the heck is Audi thinking? Kind of a Rant.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 02:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What the heck is Audi thinking? Kind of a Rant.....

To make a long story short, almost every day I receive an update from my Friend in Germany about his recently aquired Audi A3, 3.2 Quattro, Manual transmission.
It seems like that this car is so much fun to drive so he wont consider anything else right now (he is spoiled if it comes to cars but he surely knows his stuff about sporty rides, has Porsche, Alfa, Ferrari and other goodies at his place).

It is almost the same scenario that we've had by not getting the ar Turbo Diesel.
Looking at AudiUSA.com, there is no option to get the A3 3.2 with a 6 speed, DSG only.

Honestly AoA, sometimes you guys really take the cake; give people a choice of what they desire, not what's convenient or "trendy". Take a survey if necessary, you have all resources available.
And yes, there are costs associated in order to get any foreign car to the US, but the past has shown that people are willing to spend the money if they really like something.

Just for comparison: on the German Audi Website you'll have 6 Base models for the A3:
A3 Attraction
A3 Ambition
A3 Ambiente
S3
A3 Sportback Attraction
A3 Sportback Ambition
A3 Sportback Ambiente
A total of 23!!! different colors to chose from and 10 different engines.

It's just not fair........
Old 09-12-2006, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I somewhat agree though the business case for USA sales may not be there...

Audi should make everything orderable... I'm sure you would wait 2 months for a manual at a small surcharge.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If I was running VAG

everything would be available here. You know that the next R32/R36 is only coming with the DSG as well? Not that I mind the DSG, but a choice would be nice.

The only thing I like that VW did was to make the GTI VR6 only available with a manual transmission. It makes them all acceptable to me! ;-) It was also nice back in the day when all quattros were manual transmission or nothing...times sure have changed.