Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

what is this warning indicator?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know how to disable the audible warning here? My washer fluid is low and a headlight is out and you'd swear my computer is telling me the car is on fire. A bit overkill...
Old 09-22-2009, 04:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default WARNING

Originally Posted by biggsie
Anyone know how to disable the audible warning here? My washer fluid is low and a headlight is out and you'd swear my computer is telling me the car is on fire. A bit overkill...
Fill the washer fluid and replace the headlight ?
Old 09-22-2009, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default biggsie... how to eliminate the idiot lights

The car is designed to tell people that specific things are needed. Just in case they think driving with a headlight out is OK or driving with a dirty windshield is no big deal.

However if you feel you really need to stop these warnings I have found a screwdriver carfully placed, dead center of the light display and then hit the screw driver hard with a hammer will take care of the light. The tone can also be eliminated this way. Just find the emitter/tone speaker and jamb it with the screwdriver too.

The simple solution is to fill the washer tank with a gallon of fluid. The #1.99 blue variety is perfectly fine.

Then pick up a set of Bulbs.. Xenon if your rid has them, halogen if not and put them in. These are both DIY repairs and require no tools or special skills.

Last edited by paulroad; 09-22-2009 at 06:09 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by paulroad
However if you feel you really need to stop these warnings I have found a screwdriver carfully placed, dead center of the light display and then hit the screw driver hard with a hammer will take care of the light.
Funny, paulroad. I've found your insights helpful, until now. ;-)

I will fix these things myself but have you ever run a day of errands with these warning going off? The thing goes ballistic about every 10 minutes. Crazy.

Where's the go-to spot for halogen bulb replacements these days? Riverside Audi?
Old 09-22-2009, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyplace but riverside. they can be bought for less at a vw shop a M/B dealer and probably auto zone.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thank you for your Q/A

Originally Posted by ertatta
before i head over to Advance, was wondering if Audi specifies their own wiper fluid or if any standard fluid will do?
I was freaking out today not finding that same symbol in the owner's manual and not knowing for sure if it was the coolant or something else.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

finally figured out after 6 months of owning my AR, where the manuals are. last week was on another AR forum and read a post about manuals not being in the glove compartment and voila, there they were, under the steering column.
kinda felt like an idiot, but now that i think about it, this placement is not so obvious... anyone agree or disagree with me????
Old 10-01-2009, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

I agree, it's not obvious. My only other option is to admit that I fail to notice obvious stuff. Which may be, but I'm not getting tricked into admitting it over something like this.

I noted the lack of manuals in the glove compartment when I was looking at mine on the car lot. I hate it when the salesman knows something about a used Audi that I don't know.

I will say Audi has a history of using this space, though. The 80 has a nice big parcel shelf down there, and the old 5000 had an air conditioning vent that worked nicely to cool your...ummm...crotchal area on hot days.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ertatta
finally figured out after 6 months of owning my AR, where the manuals are. last week was on another AR forum and read a post about manuals not being in the glove compartment and voila, there they were, under the steering column.
kinda felt like an idiot, but now that i think about it, this placement is not so obvious... anyone agree or disagree with me????
If you thought THAT discovery was cool, wait until you see the two hidden compartments under the driver and passanger seats!!! :-)