Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Who did you buy your extended warranty from, and are you happy with it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CPO has limited protection, and a LOT of gray area...

basically, there is a list of items that should be covered, and a host of other items that you must "check with your dealer" for coverage.

Audi Pure Protection is not CPO, but a "factory-approved" aftermarket warranty that is scaled from a basic warranty for major items to an "exclusionary" warranty that has a specific list of items that are NOT covered...so if it is not on the list, it is covered.

So, if you have a CPO car, there will be some overlap, but some additional coverage, depnding on which plan you look at. I'd probably say that the things that CPO will not cover are probably not worth the extra $$ to get the Pure Protection on top of the CPO, and just put the $$ aside to self-insure.

Remember, a CPO car is only as good as the dealer that does the CPO, and the interpreatation of coverage terms by the dealer servicing your car. In my experience, CPO was a joke, a rubber stamp to get more $$ at the time of sale. My CPO 2001 2.7T had tires that would not pass local inspection...clearly the dealership just rubber stamped the CPO checklist without really reviewing the car. They then put on new tires for me but only after I complained.

Of course, a few other items that came up soon aferwards should have been found during the CPO check, but were not. However, the dealer was able to get those covered under Audi's dime under CPO rather than spending their own $$ before the car was sold.

So, in the end, when it came time for me to buy the 4.2, I decided to ignore the whole CPO thing and just focus on finding a good used 4.2 and get an aftermarket warranty.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Cable?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought from mustbeaudi, very happy with it. Have only used once but no issues.

mustbeaudi made it very easy to purchase and the company has been great. Besides, he is part of the gang.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Sorry, Vag-Com.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That's nice, thanks. Gold Key stopped taking new contracts for German brands

they told me. I'm not in the car business, but offered the plan based on my relationship with them from a former car business of my family's. I own two of their contracts with good claims experience and my father owns one, and we believe in the product and people behind that company. They still provide our former car business with required annual services and insurance products that relates to its former business activies.

I can still help with other non-German marques, if anyone needs it. It appears that Gold Key wants to get their overall portfolio more balanced relative to cost of claims for the Gold Key branded policies. (They probably realized that they underpriced our Audi contracts, along with BMW and MB.)

On the other hand, I am happy to help anyone sort through other plan choices at no cost or obligation, as usual.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Expert

I had almost forgotten about where that went LOL!!! Glad that it is being put to good use!
Old 08-28-2007, 10:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yup....

They offered me $2000 gift card and 2.9-4.9% financing depending on terms.

I then just casually asked about the warranty- 36/36 Powertrain Plus and was told $2600 with $50 deductible. I told them I'd have to think about it. The person from Audi Financial end of lease group asked if I'd hold for a minute. When she came back on the line, she asked if I'd buy the car if they threw in the warranty instead of the $2000 gift card. I countered at the warranty and $1000 card. They then offered the warranty and $800. So it was some back and forth negotiations.

Important thing I found out was you have to wait until you are within 30 days of the end of your lease to negotiate. Up until that point, you're just dealing with Audi Financial. Within 30 days you are dealing with an entirely different set of people who are just responsible for attempting to get you to keep your car rather than return it.

And the terms change monthly too. Good luck
Old 08-28-2007, 10:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interesting, my APP is administered by Century out of Florida.

Hey how was the Chicago trailer arrival at the Glen??
Old 08-28-2007, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Chicago guys at the Glen...

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/lrqc/msgs/115317.phtml">...I just posted some pics...</a></li></ul>
Old 08-29-2007, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for the info!