Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Who wants a trailer hitch? There is now a better option available.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by thisoneguy
I just wanted to bump and say I got my hitch and got it installed. Justin has outdone himself, Fine craftsmanship (I know he outsoured the actual fabracation, but still) Cant even see it when its installed.

worth every penny - especially to have a hitch that can handle what the AR can, not some flimsy U-haul joberdoo.
Would love to see pics.. Oh and congratulations on the purchase.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default test

test
Old 01-19-2013, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just recently purchased an allroad and found this thread while researching hitch options. All the images seem to be dead. Can you please fix the links or upload some new ones? Thanks.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I updated the more recent posts with new pic links, I'm not sure why they got broken but they should work now.

I don't have any hitches available now, but would consider making another batch if more people were interested.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks! That looks like a real nice design and that price seems pretty reasonable for what it is and the liability involved. Too bad you don't have any available right now. Have to get this thing ready to tow by the end of next week.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I would be interested in a hitch. planning to tow a bike carrier and a tent trailer this summer. Plz keep me informed if/when you make a new batch.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Have been working on installing one of Justin's hitches on my new allroad. He's done a really great job with these. Mine is kind of a custom-build and WAY more work than it's probably worth, but there are some pics here if anybody's curious.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Oh, and think I'm going to cut-off that stupid Audi/VW plug and wire-up a standard 4/7-pin plug. Unless there's some reason why I shouldn't?
Old 02-28-2013, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jesusgatos
Oh, and think I'm going to cut-off that stupid Audi/VW plug and wire-up a standard 4/7-pin plug. Unless there's some reason why I shouldn't?
I find it convenient to plug in/unplug my connection and not have to deal with a wire hanging somewhere. But I have the Bosal and leave my connector system zip-tied to the removable drawbar.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuget
I would be interested in a hitch. planning to tow a bike carrier and a tent trailer this summer. Plz keep me informed if/when you make a new batch.
I think I will end up having another batch made very soon, as I still have been getting a good amount of interest. I will contact the fab shop in the next week to see what their schedule is.

Originally Posted by jesusgatos
Does your car have rear parking sensors? If so, when you plug in to the stock Audi plug, it will disable the sensors. Otherwise, they will be beeping the whole time you are reversing with a trailer connected. I suppose it is possible to replace with a manual switch, but that is more work IMO. It's not hard to adapt the Euro connector - DIY option or purchase option.

Quick Reply: Who wants a trailer hitch? There is now a better option available.