Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

will A6 lower control arms fit the allroad? they look identical

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default will A6 lower control arms fit the allroad? they look identical

look like it and most places don't list them for sale for the allroad but have all the other models, a4,a6, etc listed.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as I have been able to tell all B5/C5 arms are *exactly the same. Can we get Axis/PureMS etc to verify here? Please?

I am looking into replacing ALL of mine asap and recently sent an email to Joe@Axis to verify the fitment. I'll let you know what he says.

Doug
Old 05-08-2009, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

nice, i sent an inquiry to see if they have them as well, the a6 versions, at least the front ones are a lot cheaper than those i have found for allroad, which are very few, but I think it is the same one, will look forward to hearing what he has to say-
Old 05-08-2009, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I read someplace that the OEM allroad ones were "hydrauilc" where the other cars were not... no idea if that is true or not and I have never even dug into it.

It may well be the case that the engineers did that to dampen a little more road noise given that the AR *may* travel rougher roads?

If so, I'd rather have a more solid mounting point anyway so standard A6/A4/S4 ones would be better anyway.

Again, not sure.......

Doug
Old 05-08-2009, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

There are 8 control arms on the front suspension. Not all the same as C5 A6. Lower-front-rear is specific to allroad. Expect to pay about $300 a piece as they are dealer only.. yes that's right 2 of these Bad Larrys will cost you more than the entire set of 8 aftermarket control arms. You can pick up full set of all 8 controls arms for the A6 with hardware for about 600 bucks from blauparts.

Beware the evil pinchbolt of doooooom !!

Old 05-08-2009, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Just looked at it - appears the lower rear is hydraulic filled. But I held a B5 Febi-Bilstein up to it and it looks to be the exact same part. The F-B one has a solid rubber bushing though.

Looks like you can replace the AR bushing, appears pressed in?
Old 05-08-2009, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

See my last post.... I think the lower rear most are the same part except for the bushing? Do you by chance have a picture of the AR specific one out on the bench next to a standard C5 A6 one? I would love to see that if someone has it.

I just held a B5 A4 unit up to my AR (laying on the ground quick look) and it seems the same. ????
Old 05-08-2009, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Both unibody bushing and hub end ball joint are different from A6. The A6 ball joint can be "force fit". It will fail shortly thereafter. The bushing themselves appear different depending on manufacturer.. Meyle, TRW, Ocaps... there are even some real junk chinese knock offs with Meyle and TRW brands cast into them... All the unibody end bushings on the lower-front-rear consist of a wear sleeve and high hardness durometer bushing. Not fluid filled or hydraulic.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

so are the front-lower ones the same as the a6's? just the rear ones are ar specific?
Old 05-08-2009, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

i spent a few hours with one of those freakin pinch bolts, good times.

Quick Reply: will A6 lower control arms fit the allroad? they look identical