Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Won't raise up to level 4??

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 11:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To clarify... it’s the same behaviour like riding over 35km/h but i’m under 35km/h or even parked.
don’t accept go to high 2 position.
don’t even trie...
Old 06-22-2018, 01:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KCRutherford
UPDATE. While in the driving in a downpour the other day i decided it would be fun to run through the deepest standing water I could find as fast as possible. Not sure what kind of magic happened but my car goes up to level 4 and stays there witout and problems now.
what should be the root cause and what was the effect of the water? This is my actual problem. I need to solve it.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hugo Pedro

what should be the root cause and what was the effect of the water? This is my actual problem. I need to solve it.
Water in the system=Air pressure leaks . start with this
Inside the compressor there is an air dryer. Its function is to capture the humidity in hot compressed air and to discharge it out when the system release air out (in lowering the height of the vehicle). When there is air pressure leakage, no air exits through the compressor, only air enters in compression. So that the air dryer does not have the option to emit the moisture that has accumulated inside it, and the system is filled with water. Dry the water and fix the pressure leaks

Last edited by amiram; 06-22-2018 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

. Possible location for leakage air pressure. On the valve block and on the compressor and air springs and pressure tank, 16 pressure connectors total to chace
Old 06-23-2018, 08:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I remember that i forgot a big detail... i had an shock absorver leak and the Oil put the valve block damaged and i change it.
probably got into the compressor also.
what should i choose? Wabco or no reference one?
Old 06-23-2018, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

It is easy and cheap to clean and repair the old compressor. You must fix the pressure leaks before you purchase a new compressor (if)
Can you send me a photo of the old compressor? According to the numbers written on its data page I can tell you if it fits

Last edited by amiram; 06-23-2018 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have no leaks in the airsprings neither in the valveblock.
The only part that I never tested is the compressor that I already change the oring piston 2 times.
I'll try to unmount the compressor and see if there is any water or oil from the shockabsorber leak.
If there is oil inside, there is any chance to clean it?
Old 06-23-2018, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

yes, you can also bay a kit with the air dryer material. To check the compressor you need to build a simple tool see attached file

Last edited by amiram; 06-23-2018 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Dear all,
Sorry for the delay in my feedback.
Compressor changed last week and same behaviour.
For what I can see with Vag Com, the air tank pressure is all the time very low.
At this moment is 1,6 Bar.
Moving from position II to III, rise to 7 Bar and and reach position III pressure drop to 1,6.Bar.
I saw a video were a guy to avoid over heating cut a wire (nº8 from the selonoid plug) to eleminate the air tank function. He say that will show an error in VAG but all the rest will work fine and the realay will work a lot.
This is the same behaviour in my allroad... low pressure and relay + compressure working a lot.
But I run 3 times the vag com teste to all modules and no error was found.
The unique point that is different is that this guy says that will be an error and I don't have any error.
Could be this the route cause?
Old 09-16-2018, 02:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

By the way... when is outside temperature over 35, sometims occour the abs pressure valve intermitent error. Go to the mall and nothing happens... after that and during short kms like go to supermarket, than fruit store and other places, the error accours after 200mts.

Quick Reply: Won't raise up to level 4??