Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Your Thoughts.........Help............................. .....

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your Thoughts.........Help............................. .....

Here it is...... I took the car in for an oil leak and the dealer replaced the o ring for the oil return line. (250) A week later it is still leaking so they replaced the left side oil line.(250) Another week later it's still leaking and now they say its the oil pan itself. $1600 to replace it. After talking with the advisor, my options are A: get a refund of 250 for the 1st repair. B: Get a full refund of 500 but I would have them replace the oil pan and pay $1100?????
I DO have extended warr on this car but none of these items are covered. The advisor toldme thecompany said that the oil pan is a wear and tear item...How....Warr is willing to cover the oil pan gasket but not the oil pan itself. I'm gonna start looking for a new warr company and get a pro rated refund. Have only had this car for 3 months now. Dealer has been good with getting me into a rental car and phone calls for updates. Your thoughts and advice needed.

Thanks in advance...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 08-10-2006, 01:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Oil pan?? I would find a good Indi in your area and take it there.

Any out of pocket repair will be 50% less.. Unless you hit something oil pans rarely go. In the old days the steel pans would rust through but ours are aluminum.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Its easy to see that your dealer is used to thowing $$ at the problem.

When AoA pays the bills, this is somewhat understandable. But when its our $$ then its unacceptable. And they continue to get away with it.

If it were me, I'd stop using this dealer. I'd go to my credit card company and start a dispute and get my $$ back because, just by pictures, I can document that the $$ spent did not correct the problem.

The I would read your EXTENDED SERVICE CONTRACT and read what is covered and waht is not covered....Whose plan is it?

Then I would check on the local forum of Audi World and ask for a suggestion for a good independant, but Audi Savy repair shop. Take the Extended Service Contract in hand, and say, please fix my car. See if you can get this plan to cover the bill.

Also get an estimate from him DATED that descibes the oil probelem and cause before they start. Send of copy of this to your CC company as part of the dispute.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Re: I've used InterContinental out of Florida on my old A6 and they always paid for oil leaks.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They obviously haven't trouble shooted the problem to find the root cause...

of the leak and are only taking guesses to where the oil is coming from. The downside of this is that money is coming out of your pocket. It's probably the most commons site of oil leaks on these cars... the rear cam seals.

I would take the $250 refund and take it to a good indi shop.

Rant on:
I really really really don't like dealers... I honestly don't think the problem lies with the mechanics (in most cases) but in the service advisors. I had specifically asked to switch service advisors and the old one confronted me. I told him flat out that I didn't like him, his methods of diagnosis and level of cust. service. He got all defensive and actually kinda got in my face.
Rant off:
Old 08-10-2006, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Had the exact problem that you are having.

They replaced o-ring after o-ring and it still leaked. Then they replaced the oil line and it leaked again. I asked them to replace the entire oil pan if they couldn't seal the leak after they failed in their many attempts. Turned out it was the LOWER oil pan and not the line at all. They installed a new gasket and no problems since.
At one time the SM told me that cars just leak and that they were not going to do any further work. I spoke to the GM and the owner the next day and the problem was fixed at the dealers expense.