Questions about my Q5 lease

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2023, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about my Q5 lease

Hi! I知 a new Audi lease holder - the last time I owned an Audi was 2011, and I always appreciated the loaners I would get when I brought the car in for service. I leased my Audi Q5 from the dealership in Hampton, VA, and I知 having the most miserable time so far. At under 2,000 miles, I got a message that my safety system had malfunctioned and a second message that the safety system had a fault. I called to bring the car back in and was told (1) they couldn稚 see me for over a week, and (2) there are no loaners unless my car breaks with at least 8 weeks notice. Ha ha.
In the interim, it began behaving wildly. I was driving down the highway here and, with no other cars anywhere near me (thankfully!) PreSense came on and slammed on the brakes, bringing me to almost a complete stop on a road where the speed limit is 60 mph. Yesterday I was parked at the pediatrician痴 office with my little boy in the back seat, finishing his lunch, when the PreSense sign came on again and viciously tightened my seatbelt. I looked around after it occurred, as it startled the dickens out of me, and no cars were going by. Just the two of us in a parked car.
The dealer keeps telling me not to worry about it when I call, but I知 very alarmed that these kooky malfunctions keep happening. I知 dropping off the car this morning, even though my appointment isn稚 until Tuesday, because honestly the car is scaring me.
Beyond the safety issue, my concern is that I知 paying for an Audi lease and I知 getting nothing in return. I now will have no car at least until Tuesday afternoon, and possibly later.
Does anyone have experience with an issue like this? Has anyone had recourse in getting the dealer to either provide an alternate car or possibly a mileage credit since I have to drive way out to them? Honestly I would feel good with anything that demonstrated they gave two flips that I leased from them and now have nothing to show for it. I have to borrow someone else痴 car for the next several days, which is inconvenient and, honestly, a bit embarrassing.
Thank you for any help!