Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Audi Announces Q8 Etron Today !

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2022, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 186 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by hroussel
I presume these would be under the WLTP cycle?

Also, and maybe a dumb question, but which of these numbers is city range and which is highway?
Not at all clear.

Wait for the released EPA numbers for clarity.
Old 11-07-2022, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I presume these would be under the WLTP cycle?

Also, and maybe a dumb question, but which of these numbers is city range and which is highway?
This are WLTP numbers and it includes charging loss. So the lowest number is with minimum trim. Like 19" wheels. The highest number is with top spec. 22" wheels.

This numbers are 7% lower than same number on Audi e-tron

More here how WLTP works with equipment levels. WLTP Range testing :: evkx.net
Old 11-07-2022, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by audiviking
This are WLTP numbers and it includes charging loss. So the lowest number is with minimum trim. Like 19" wheels. The highest number is with top spec. 22" wheels.

This numbers are 7% lower than same number on Audi e-tron

More here how WLTP works with equipment levels. WLTP Range testing :: evkx.net
Thanks for the info.

Assuming a max range of 350km for the current model, and further assuming the new one will have 105kwh usable vs 86.6kwh currently, and multiplying by that 7%, we end up roughly with 455km of range. Lots of approximations in there but I think it gives a good idea. I would have preferred 500km, but if the charging speed improves some more (180kw up to 80% ?!) it could still be an option for me. Can't wait for the unveiling on Wednesday!
Old 11-07-2022, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for the info.

Assuming a max range of 350km for the current model, and further assuming the new one will have 105kwh usable vs 86.6kwh currently, and multiplying by that 7%, we end up roughly with 455km of range. Lots of approximations in there but I think it gives a good idea. I would have preferred 500km, but if the charging speed improves some more (180kw up to 80% ?!) it could still be an option for me. Can't wait for the unveiling on Wednesday!
In less than 24 hours you will get all details in this forum. I will post a new thread the minute I am allowed to share all details. Have been preparing charge curve diagram, calculations and option details all weekend
The following 4 users liked this post by audiviking:
biff2bart (11-07-2022), hroussel (11-08-2022), nokfromapp (11-08-2022), thebishman (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 02:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can’t wait for the Q8 etron reveal.
in the meanwhile, some information is dropping on its younger sibling, the Q6 etron

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...inside-and-out
Old 11-08-2022, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 713 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by nokfromapp
Can’t wait for the Q8 etron reveal.
in the meanwhile, some information is dropping on its younger sibling, the Q6 etron

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...inside-and-out
I am finding it hard to swallow the Audi Q6 e-tron's move to a Tesla like, bolt an ipad to the center console, touch screen. I really wanted to treat my current e-tron as a stepping stone to a Q6 e-tron and it is looking more and more like I'll be keeping the current etron instead as a long term keeper. I hope to be surprised and we have all been tricked by this weird Q6 e-tron roll out, but the leaks are looking less and less impressive.
The following users liked this post:
wasloan21 (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 350 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by nokfromapp;[url=tel:25761282
25761282[/url]]These decisions aren’t generally emotional. I would assume they have analyzed data and then made their decision. When it’s not good for their business, they don’t step away

“Say, nice business you got here … shame if something happened to it!”

^ that’s all the data VAG had to analyze before deciding to be offended by the “misinformation” on twitter, now that people can speak halfway freely over there.
Old 11-08-2022, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 186 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Tronification
“Say, nice business you got here … shame if something happened to it!”

^ that’s all the data VAG had to analyze before deciding to be offended by the “misinformation” on twitter, now that people can speak halfway freely over there.
As long as the rich infant doesn't cry when you tweet it. Musk is sitting on the toilet at 3 AM clicking "yes", "ban", "yes", "yes", "ban", "ban", "ban", ...

I think we should allow Elon to have his private "New Coke" bonfire of Benjamins. Shall we not discuss it here?

Old 11-08-2022, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. AC controls aren't the worst thing to have on a screen, but I was at least hoping it would be a second screen like the current Etron and Q8. It's a cost-cutting measure. I'm also not sure about that big hunk of grey plastic to the right side of the screen. Hopefully that is a dummy piece that is going to have some nicer texture on it. I was really pining for the Q6 to combine the best bits from the Q4 and big Etron into a next generation platform/package. I guess there's always the Macan EV...
Old 11-08-2022, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 713 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by wasloan21
I agree. AC controls aren't the worst thing to have on a screen, but I was at least hoping it would be a second screen like the current Etron and Q8. It's a cost-cutting measure. I'm also not sure about that big hunk of grey plastic to the right side of the screen. Hopefully that is a dummy piece that is going to have some nicer texture on it. I was really pining for the Q6 to combine the best bits from the Q4 and big Etron into a next generation platform/package. I guess there's always the Macan EV...
Exactly. Hopefully this has all be one great camouflage spoof and the real car is more Audi and less Tesla. The Macan is the sister ship and there really have not been many leaks of the interior. Porsche is betting its future on it, so I would think it will be a fantastic car. And I hope that because it is the sister car, the Q6 e-tron will surprise us.

Quick Reply: Audi Announces Q8 Etron Today !