Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Audi Connect 10 digit issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Audi Connect 10 digit issue

Has anyone had an issue with their Audi Connect? I am entering my 10-digit key and it keeps saying "connection issue".
Old 10-01-2019, 08:51 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When we were setting up my car at the dealer, it wouldn’t take my code until I went into my Audi and set up a PIN number.
The following users liked this post:
emalamis (10-01-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Okay, I just set a pin. I'll give an update once I get home to try it again.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by emalamis
Has anyone had an issue with their Audi Connect? I am entering my 10-digit key and it keeps saying "connection issue".
I encountered the same thing. I kept retrying over a few days and eventually worked.
emalamis (10-01-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cwstnsko
When we were setting up my car at the dealer, it wouldn’t take my code until I went into my Audi and set up a PIN number.
This definitely did the trick! Thank you so much, this was driving me nuts.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:14 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went through this during delivery and the sales guy doing my delivery called some sort of help line after the code failed about 5 times. The person on the phone told us to set the PIN, and the car accepted the code on the next try, so it seemed like good advice.

I'm glad you got things working!
Old 10-06-2019, 02:45 PM
Terlonz

Received 272 Likes on 183 Posts

Add me to the list. We did everything at the dealer including setting a PIN. He warned me the next step might be a problem because they've had lots of problems registering key users in the last few days. Sure enough, it all went fine until Bam we got the connection error message. I've tried it a half dozen times since and nothing changes. Not sure where to go from here since he set the PIN up at the dealer. Perhaps they can re-register or something.

Meanwhile no Electrify America

Last edited by mtberman; 10-06-2019 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtberman
Add me to the list. We did everything at the dealer including setting a PIN. He warned me the next step might be a problem because they've had lots of problems registering key users in the last few days. Sure enough, it all went fine until Bam we got the connection error message. I've tried it a half dozen times since and nothing changes. Not sure where to go from here since he set the PIN up at the dealer. Perhaps they can re-register or something.

Meanwhile no Electrify America
I am in Canada , and had rhe same issue for almost 2 weeks after delivery..
it was resolved by resetting the telematics in the car module which connecting the car to the server I think..
i had called Audi Canada Care here and had send the instructions to the dealer and it was resolved.

and it has been working fine since..
Old 10-06-2019, 03:58 PM
Terlonz

Received 272 Likes on 183 Posts

Actually, take me back off the list. I just found the problem: The MyAudi app on my phone. You still have to set up a separate PIN in the MyAudi app. Open the app menu and go to My Profile> Settings> User Management

One of the options is PIN. I set it up there and hit Save, and was able to register as the Key User in a few seconds on the MMI.
MaBaCaPa (10-09-2019)
Old 10-09-2019, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

For the past the 3 weeks, the dealers have been having problems setting customers as the Key User for their cars. The workaround has been to have the customer download the myAudi App, log in and set the 4-digit PIN within the app itself. (Log into the app >> Bottom Right Profile Icon >> Account Settings >> PIN >> Set PIN) Once this is done, the Key User can be set in the car. This workaround works but has caused confusion with customers not understanding why they need the app in the first place....that's whole different story.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect 10 digit issue