Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Error message: "Remote key - replace battery in remote"

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 06:08 AM
BW5
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver
You may want to give them a heads-up before you arrive so they can make sure they have the part in stock. I had to wait a week for it.
i tried twice to do this at my local dealer...giving them a heads up about parts....
once was to do with a broken charger door pull string where thanks to a member here I had a shop invoice listing exactly what was required for the same exact problem,
An the other was regarding two TSB's I received in the mail.
Both times the dealer service ignored it. Not even trying to make it seem like they were interested before throwing it in the trash behind my back....nope, didn't care and didn't mind that I knew they didn't care. They have to see and diagnose it for themselves and would not bother to preorder anything or to even verify what they had on hand.
I sort of get it bit at the same time it ticks me off....screams poor customer service to me.
Old 07-18-2021, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 186 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by BW5
i tried twice to do this at my local dealer...giving them a heads up about parts....
once was to do with a broken charger door pull string where thanks to a member here I had a shop invoice listing exactly what was required for the same exact problem,
An the other was regarding two TSB's I received in the mail.
Both times the dealer service ignored it. Not even trying to make it seem like they were interested before throwing it in the trash behind my back....nope, didn't care and didn't mind that I knew they didn't care. They have to see and diagnose it for themselves and would not bother to preorder anything or to even verify what they had on hand.
I sort of get it bit at the same time it ticks me off....screams poor customer service to me.
This may depend a little on the dealer as they seem to have some leeway. When this happened to mine, they did order the part so it was ready when I came in. This may have been due to the fact that I had just purchased the car a week or two before. They felt bad enough to give me one of their E-trons from the sales floor as a loaner as their standard loaners were all ICE cars at the time.