Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Heated steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jberb55
My 2019 Edition One had the “4-spoke” steering wheel, but no heating. My 2022 Chronos has the “3-spoke” wheel with heating. So for a while, I thought the heating might be tied to the type of steering wheel, 4-spoke vs. 3-spoke. But yeamac’s car has the 4-spoke (I think) and it has heat. So while this post doesn’t clear up the question of “do 2019 steering wheels have the heating element” … only that both the 3-spoke and 4-spoke wheels can have heating elements. Stated another way, retrofitting the feature of heated steering wheel MAY require a new steering wheel, in addition to some wiring modifications to activate work.

And with that post, I now know it takes 50 posts to graduate from “Junior Member” to “Member”
This article is about a four-spoke steering wheel and a 2019 e-tron Presrige USA car. The situation with Edition one is similar. I have already checked 3 cars and all of them initially did not have a heating function. From this I conclude that all handlebars in the 2019 e-tron for the US market came with a heating circuit
Old 02-06-2022, 11:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Ignore

Last edited by aj84; 02-06-2022 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-25-2022, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello

i also retrofitted the heated steering wheel into the Etron.
But still lacking to find correct coding for it.
In Control unit 16, coding is not possible (VCDS, VCP same, ODIS does not help).
Then there is no control 8 anymore in the Etron, does anybody know where it is gone?

Thanks
Old 06-25-2022, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Cool Car
Hello

i also retrofitted the heated steering wheel into the Etron.
But still lacking to find correct coding for it.
In Control unit 16, coding is not possible (VCDS, VCP same, ODIS does not help).
Then there is no control 8 anymore in the Etron, does anybody know where it is gone?

Thanks
Kufatec has a dongle with the correct coding provided everything needed is installed. Now if this is for US or Europe I don't know but if you are looking to go that route, check them out

Old 06-25-2022, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Jjc23
Kufatec has a dongle with the correct coding provided everything needed is installed. Now if this is for US or Europe I don't know but if you are looking to go that route, check them out
Great thx for advise.
But we tried to do without paying additionally to Kufatec, since VCDS, VCP and ODIS is available. But seems to be last option to buy at kufatec :-)
Old 06-25-2022, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Cool Car
Great thx for advise.
But we tried to do without paying additionally to Kufatec, since VCDS, VCP and ODIS is available. But seems to be last option to buy at kufatec :-)
I mean If you already spent the money, and everything you need is instead except the coding, then I would. I would try on my own first for sure but if all else fails. Also I am not sure if the dongle is vehicle specific i.e. with a VIN or not. If not code it, take screen shots of before and after so you have it and then sell it. Pretty sure there is someone else is the world in the same situation as you!!
Old 07-11-2022, 12:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Jjc23
I mean If you already spent the money, and everything you need is instead except the coding, then I would. I would try on my own first for sure but if all else fails. Also I am not sure if the dongle is vehicle specific i.e. with a VIN or not. If not code it, take screen shots of before and after so you have it and then sell it. Pretty sure there is someone else is the world in the same situation as you!!
Yeah makes sense.
In the end found some guys with new ODIS compatible interface in Russia. Pretty cool, better than VCP, but also some costs arise for such one click function (hex parameter sets).
Finally got it working in the etron, refer here (it's German content) https://www.coolcar.ch/audi-e-tron-4...et-einspielen/