Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

How to clear "Inspection Due" notification at ~30k miles?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2023, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 145 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by nadrealista
That is good, zero coolant (pink in color), how many miles on yours?

Last week I also had the car up and I was surprised how jammed everything is in the front motor compartment - no easy way to get to anything there. you would think these EVs should be way more simple than ICE. Tesla did much better job packaging the power/drivetrain than the legacy automakers.
Nothing is easy with an Audi when it comes to working on them, and it has been that way for a long time. They do not put much thought into accessibility when it comes to repairs. I found this out when I swapped out the battery in my 2006 S4. It required star drivers and a 24" extender on my socket wrench due to the fact that the battery is at the rear of the engine compartment, and it's sunk down in there. It was a huge pain in the **** to perform what should have been a simple battery swap. I rebuilt the carburetor, swapped out alternators, changed the oil, and did other work on a Toyota pickup truck that I used to own. Everything was relatively easy with that truck and it's that way in general with Japanese vehicles, but German vehicles are another story. It could be worse. Some Ferrari's require a full engine removal in order to change the oil, but no Ferrari owner is going to be tinkering with the car anyway..... at least I hope not.

I hate working on cars, and only did it with the Toyota truck because I was young an poor. Now I am neither of those things and I would rather pay someone else to do it if it becomes necessary..... which it never does because I don't own older vehicles and I know better than to drive any Audi out of warranty. I purchased Audi Care when I bought the etron last summer so I don't have to ignore maintenance lights, and I can make sure that the car stays in tip top shape. And if/when I sell the car later I can provide the service records instead of telling the buyer that I did all of the maintenance myself and watch their eyes get big.

Last edited by coldrain85; 08-21-2023 at 10:00 AM.