Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

My Audi App error updating

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2022, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is anyone still experiencing this error in the MyAudi app? "Data not updated. You do not have the necessary rights to carry out this action."? Wondering if anyone has been able to resolve it? I continue to get it and ticket remains with Audi/dealer.

Thanks
Old 05-02-2022, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DG-e-Tron
Is anyone still experiencing this error in the MyAudi app? "Data not updated. You do not have the necessary rights to carry out this action."? Wondering if anyone has been able to resolve it? I continue to get it and ticket remains with Audi/dealer.

Thanks
A week or two ago, the app spontaneously stopped giving me the error and started working. Mostly. It seems the problem is on Audi's side. Every now and then their servers go offline. Or get really, really slow (when I refresh the status of the car, sometimes it happens within seconds; sometimes it takes a minute or more). I'm taking my Q5 in today for unrelated issues, and I'll make sure they know people are still experiencing the problem.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My app hasn't worked for weeks. Tried signing in again on the app and the car, got a single update to the app, then it stopped working again. I've kind of given up...
Old 05-02-2022, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I told the service rep and he simply nodded and signed. Apparently everyone is having problems with Audi Connect. I asked him to add one complaint to pass on to Corporate just to keep the pressure on.
Old 05-02-2022, 11:40 AM
Terlonz

Received 272 Likes on 183 Posts

I had this error, but in my case it was happening because I had more than one Audi registered in the app. My old car, which I had traded in, was still listed. This was not an issue until an app update where it changed my selected car from the new car back to the old car. I'm no longer the key user on my old car, hence the message saying said I didn't have sufficient rights. I finally deleted the old car from my MyAudi account and it's been fine since.
Old 05-18-2022, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still having this problem with my 2021 Audi. Has anybody else's issue been fixed yet? I still get emails every few weeks from Audi support apologizing for the delay and that it still isn't fixed yet. I'm unsure if they are just sending that in hopes that the issue fixes itself or if Audi's IT is actually working on correcting a problem.
Old 05-19-2022, 03:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mkoi2021
I'm still having this problem with my 2021 Audi. Has anybody else's issue been fixed yet? I still get emails every few weeks from Audi support apologizing for the delay and that it still isn't fixed yet. I'm unsure if they are just sending that in hopes that the issue fixes itself or if Audi's IT is actually working on correcting a problem.
I am still having the issue. Audi support says the same thing that they are waiting to hear back on the ticket. My own Audi sales rep has a ticket opened with Audi and still no response. The app is able to see specific updates. I get notified when the charging is complete. The key user information in the app shows updated, and if I turn off any privacy settings in the car the app reflects that. In the newest version of the app if you click on any question mark for features not being updated (battery, climate, lock/unlock etc.) it shows car is either in workshop mode or you don't have the rights. Interestingly today I am getting new errors in the app I haven't seen before. "Unable to load the connect services for the vehicle or unable to load the services fully: An unknown error has occurred." Also, "Data not updated, Server error: The server has sent an invalid reply."
Old 05-19-2022, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DG-e-Tron
I am still having the issue. Audi support says the same thing that they are waiting to hear back on the ticket. My own Audi sales rep has a ticket opened with Audi and still no response. The app is able to see specific updates. I get notified when the charging is complete. The key user information in the app shows updated, and if I turn off any privacy settings in the car the app reflects that. In the newest version of the app if you click on any question mark for features not being updated (battery, climate, lock/unlock etc.) it shows car is either in workshop mode or you don't have the rights. Interestingly today I am getting new errors in the app I haven't seen before. "Unable to load the connect services for the vehicle or unable to load the services fully: An unknown error has occurred." Also, "Data not updated, Server error: The server has sent an invalid reply."
Everything was working fine for me (it took three weeks after purchase for that to happen) until this morning. Same errors as you (your new ones). I logged out and now it won’t even let me log back in. So I’m assuming this is a server issue today. Wondering if others seeing it today.
Old 05-19-2022, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes. Picked up my car yesterday. Got everything setup (was a pain!). Worked fine up until last night. This morning, similar issues. Even if I go from the e-tron to the RS 3 in the app. So assuming its an audi server issue.
Old 05-19-2022, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

You are correct it's a server issue. Welcome to the flaky world of Audi online. Do nothing, don't log out, just wait for it to be fixed. BTW this is our 2nd e-tron. Fabulous vehicle except for the app.

Last edited by macwm; 05-19-2022 at 08:42 AM.

Quick Reply: My Audi App error updating