Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

My Audi App error updating

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2022, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder if this affects the key user since it’s tied to myAudi for the car. Guess I’ll find out in a few mins 🤣
Old 05-19-2022, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 556 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by macwm
You are correct it's a server issue. Welcome to the flaky world of Audi online. Do nothing, don't log out, just wait for it to be fixed. BTW this is our 2nd e-tron. Fabulous vehicle except for the app.

Agreed! DO NOTHING. The app will randomly stop working for hours, days, even weeks. 99.9999% of the time it is not your fault. Best to treat the app as an interesting curiosity. Don't EVER put yourself in the position of having to rely on the app for something--eg, unlocking the door.
Old 05-19-2022, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JNealCox
Agreed! DO NOTHING. The app will randomly stop working for hours, days, even weeks. 99.9999% of the time it is not your fault. Best to treat the app as an interesting curiosity. Don't EVER put yourself in the position of having to rely on the app for something--eg, unlocking the door.
I of course logged out before reading replies today 🤦🏽‍♂️ For those that been doing this for a while, I’m assuming at some point I can log back in? Or do I need to do a reset. I can log in on line at myAudi.com.
Old 05-19-2022, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ashokeypokey
I of course logged out before reading replies today 🤦🏽‍♂️ For those that been doing this for a while, I’m assuming at some point I can log back in? Or do I need to do a reset. I can log in on line at myAudi.com.

I would just log back in, if it lets you. If you do get logged back in, just leave it as it is....do NOTHING!
Old 05-19-2022, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JNealCox
I would just log back in, if it lets you. If you do get logged back in, just leave it as it is....do NOTHING!
It won’t let me. Will just keep trying. Thank you!
Old 05-20-2022, 01:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It magically works now!
Old 05-20-2022, 02:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes echo the problems over here in the UK too. New 22 E-Tron delivered today, unable to log-in as key user, unable to add to app, unable to delete old one...
Spoke with Audi digital who advised of server issues, and to try again in a week..
But my 2 years E-Tron experience concurs with JNealCox and others above, it's a terribly flaky service !
Old 05-20-2022, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dazed1
It magically works now!
I can login again today, with same user rights and no data issue persisting. Was hoping the server being down meant they were upgrading something and would resolve it. As JNealCox says just wait and someday it will work, although I don't think it's the right answer for a a brand like Audi. BMW's app works flawlessly.
Old 06-07-2022, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I finally had a resolution to the My Audi app data rights syncing problem! I brought it in for service to let them troubleshoot directly with Audi since I wasn't getting anywhere with tech support since March. I wanted to make sure there were not any physical communication problems with the vehicle that could be causing other communication issues. Sometimes you will see posts about the LTE signal, or the SOS system failing which affects other things. Everything was checked and a TSB patch was applied but that didn't resolve it. They reset the MMI and then the dealership setup a new Audi Connect account under a different email address. Following the setup, it allowed for the login for the new key user using the code that came with the car. Previous to that it no longer had allowed the use of that code. I could do the My Audi login in the MMI, but code could not be used. After logging into the app with the new email address everything instantly was syncing again including battery status, climate, lock/unlock, and other features. The only thought was that there was corruption on Audi's side under the previous account, but not sure if resetting the car also played a part. We will see how long this lasts!
The following users liked this post:
JNealCox (06-07-2022)
Old 06-07-2022, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by DG-e-Tron
I finally had a resolution to the My Audi app data rights syncing problem! I brought it in for service to let them troubleshoot directly with Audi since I wasn't getting anywhere with tech support since March. I wanted to make sure there were not any physical communication problems with the vehicle that could be causing other communication issues. Sometimes you will see posts about the LTE signal, or the SOS system failing which affects other things. Everything was checked and a TSB patch was applied but that didn't resolve it. They reset the MMI and then the dealership setup a new Audi Connect account under a different email address. Following the setup, it allowed for the login for the new key user using the code that came with the car. Previous to that it no longer had allowed the use of that code. I could do the My Audi login in the MMI, but code could not be used. After logging into the app with the new email address everything instantly was syncing again including battery status, climate, lock/unlock, and other features. The only thought was that there was corruption on Audi's side under the previous account, but not sure if resetting the car also played a part. We will see how long this lasts!
Great to hear! If it doesn't last (and it won't) DO NOTHING! Just wait.

Quick Reply: My Audi App error updating