Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

My Audi App error updating

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2022, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you using Android or iOS?
Old 06-23-2022, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 186 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by A4 Phil
I notice that I often get this message:

But I find that app has actually updated itself if I pull down once again, it pops up that it reset a 'few seconds ago'.

Again, symptoms of an Audi server error and tons of latency.
I usually get this error as well if I request an update from the car. But despite the error, it does update all the data.
Old 06-23-2022, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

In different parts of the USA, the internet speed and routing vary tremendously. An example of this would be to do speed tests to locations around the country. But, you appear to be very close to me on the East Coast so that would not likely be the reason. I don't have this problem ever. Have you been out of the area and tried this and received the same error? One thing I am thinking is that your routing to the server has issues, as in too many hops and is timing out. I realize that it is updating eventually but it is taking so long that you receive the error.
Old 06-24-2022, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dism0rph
Ironically mine had been "working" for a few months until about a week ago, it has not been able to update ONCE since over a week ago... i have cell everywhere. The hold times for the audi connect dept are in the 2-3 hr range rn.
dism0rph -
​​​​​
Exact same here. 2021 etron.

I liked the previous post. View the app as a curiosity. Nothing more. However, it will prevent me from buying another audi, which is sad (I love the cars). But I never have been able to log my wife into the car. My 1999 Jeep Cherokee could track two seat positions... yet my 2021 $80k car can't figure out how to set the seats for two users.

Last edited by haveitall; 06-24-2022 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-24-2022, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My Audi app (iPhone) has not been able to get any updates from the car in over a month now. I've just given up at this point.
Old 06-25-2022, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sxates
My Audi app (iPhone) has not been able to get any updates from the car in over a month now. I've just given up at this point.
sxates - Out of curiosity - have you ever set/changed the charge settings since it stopped updating? I changed my home location setting to 100% for the night and - whammo - the app is updating again. I'm wondering if changing the charge settings forced the car to push the new settings to the cloud. If your up for it - give it a go and let me know the results - I'm curious.

dism0rph - Same question.

Last edited by haveitall; 06-25-2022 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-27-2022, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by haveitall
sxates - Out of curiosity - have you ever set/changed the charge settings since it stopped updating? I changed my home location setting to 100% for the night and - whammo - the app is updating again. I'm wondering if changing the charge settings forced the car to push the new settings to the cloud. If your up for it - give it a go and let me know the results - I'm curious.

dism0rph - Same question.
Nope, I've never used any custom charge settings ever, do that from my JuiceBox rather than from the etron due to unreliable connection to MyAudi app and complete failure in trying to get the MMI's charge settings to work.
Old 06-29-2022, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Been 2 days and the app is already not working. It updates the range, percentage and those things but does not show vehicle status. SMH. I am assuming logging out, Uninstalliing then reinstalling does not work. Saw there is a beta version they are trying, anyone tried that?
Old 06-29-2022, 03:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 712 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by Jjc23
Been 2 days and the app is already not working. It updates the range, percentage and those things but does not show vehicle status. SMH. I am assuming logging out, Uninstalliing then reinstalling does not work. Saw there is a beta version they are trying, anyone tried that?
I am on the Beta. There is no appreciable difference. For what it is worth, there is a systemwide issue right now where Audi is not being able to pull data reliably. You should still be getting most of your car information, however, you will not be able to pull it on demand. In fact, your phone might not even show the request update icon or it may say "This service is unavailable". I noticed this yesterday but felt like the issue had been piled on enough recently.

I'd recommend that you do not change anything. Don't sign out. Don't delete. It will come back and until then 90% of the functionality is there, you just get warnings. I think that this is all due to latency and stems from having one server in Germany. We REALLY need a mirror in NA.
Old 06-29-2022, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by A4 Phil
I am on the Beta. There is no appreciable difference. For what it is worth, there is a systemwide issue right now where Audi is not being able to pull data reliably. You should still be getting most of your car information, however, you will not be able to pull it on demand. In fact, your phone might not even show the request update icon or it may say "This service is unavailable". I noticed this yesterday but felt like the issue had been piled on enough recently.

I'd recommend that you do not change anything. Don't sign out. Don't delete. It will come back and until then 90% of the functionality is there, you just get warnings. I think that this is all due to latency and stems from having one server in Germany. We REALLY need a mirror in NA.
Well like everyone said it just started working again. For such a huge company, expensive car you would think they figure this out by now.

Quick Reply: My Audi App error updating