Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

My Audi App error updating

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2022, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 273 Likes on 205 Posts

Very odd that I can still send all of the instructions I need to the car, like Charging Time and HVAC timer, but it won’t ‘Update’. Weird. Tbh the Audi server has always acted possessed!! lol
Old 11-07-2022, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

A few days ago I started getting the "You do not have the necessary rights to carry out this action" error message. However, I still get updated charge level/range/etc. I've verified the privacy settings are correct. It just started happening all of a sudden. I figured the issue would just disappear by itself but it hasn't. It is also affecting another Audi I have (RS5). Same error happening all of a sudden.

Very frustrating!
Old 11-07-2022, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by avie
A few days ago I started getting the "You do not have the necessary rights to carry out this action" error message. However, I still get updated charge level/range/etc. I've verified the privacy settings are correct. It just started happening all of a sudden. I figured the issue would just disappear by itself but it hasn't. It is also affecting another Audi I have (RS5). Same error happening all of a sudden.

Very frustrating!
same here. it’s been over a week now
Old 11-08-2022, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

So yesterday, after getting the You Do Not Have the Necessary Rights message for almost a week, the car stopped sending state of charge data--indicated 0-0. This morning, it suddenly started being FULLY functional again. Oh and yesterday the iOS app was updated by Audi.
When I first called the help line they were in denial-said they had no information of an issue. The second time I called, they acknowledged it but had no estimates for a fix.
Sorry to say I am still waiting patiently for my BMW iX to arrive from Bremerhaven......
Old 11-08-2022, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 712 Likes on 517 Posts

Android app update and app works here as well. It looks like there may have been some sort of Q4 e-tron back und upgrade which was causing an issue. Interestingly, the app claims it has been available for a couple of weeks, but I have checked and not seen it since then.
Old 11-08-2022, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

well whatdayaknow... app started working again this morning, no rights issues.
Old 11-08-2022, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by avie
well whatdayaknow... app started working again this morning, no rights issues.
same! finally. that was a long time.

i have not yet updated the app but the functionality of all the vehicle status info has been restored.
Old 11-27-2022, 11:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Connect Error

I have a similar issue after changing the Audi connect password. All the functions are working remotely but I can not see the car status anymore or the location. I have called my dealership and they can not see any error on my account. The error message displayed when refreshing is R.T5c3j-e.und 2211281020

Steps that I performed:
Logged out from the car, login again
Uninstalled my android app and install it again
Old 06-08-2023, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyAudi App

I too had a problem, that my battery charge status was no longer up-dated. Server error. Could not up-Date the status. All other functions working.
On my iPad and iPhone.
Simple solution. Worked for me.
Close the app.
Up-date the app in the App Store.
open the app.
everything works again. The exact same procedure for the iPad. Started to work as well.
if all fails. Delete the app and re-install it. This then clears the cache.
Old 01-18-2024, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeAudiA3
I too had a problem, that my battery charge status was no longer up-dated. Server error. Could not up-Date the status. All other functions working.
On my iPad and iPhone.
Simple solution. Worked for me.
Close the app.
Up-date the app in the App Store.
open the app or go to notworkingsolution.
everything works again. The exact same procedure for the iPad. Started to work as well.
if all fails. Delete the app and re-install it. This then clears the cache.
Has anyone had issues with AudiConnect in a new car lately? I picked my RS6 up last week and I can't sign in to Audi Connect. The connection LED is flashing red and there isn't even an MMI menu item to sign in to the system. The dealer says that it could take up to a few weeks before the car is "seen" by the satellite system and enable the sign in menu. AudiConnect tech support says that the sign in is in the MyAudi app. The MyAudi app says to complete the setup by singing in to AudiConnect in the car.....

Quick Reply: My Audi App error updating