Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

MyAudi and Connect sites and app down

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 548 Likes on 407 Posts
Default MyAudi and Connect sites and app down

Has anyone else received the email to this link that state:

myAudi is scheduled to undergo a maintenance update to enhance your overall experience with the site. This update will occur between 04/26/21, 11:00 PM EDT and 04/28/21, 4:00 PM EDT. During this period, myAudi login, registration and myAudi connect services will be unavailable and you will be automatically logged out from the myAudi Portal, the myAudi App and in your vehicle. We apologize for any inconvenience during this maintenance period.
Old 04-23-2021, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Ya, I got the same notification
Old 04-27-2021, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

At the moment I can't use the app but i'm wondering if they're using the entire window or it's just going to be sporadically out. I work in IT and if I did a maintenance window like this during working hours let alone a work week I would have my a** handed to me by my company.
Old 04-27-2021, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by hrc1079
At the moment I can't use the app but i'm wondering if they're using the entire window or it's just going to be sporadically out. I work in IT and if I did a maintenance window like this during working hours let alone a work week I would have my a** handed to me by my company.
Yeah, this...exactly. I don't do IT anymore, but when I did, this kind of thing would have gotten me fired. That said, if it actually fixes the recurring issues they've been having I'm fine with it.

The issues in particular for me:
1) The recurring notifications of completed charging when charging to less that 100%
2) The issues with remote climate control, which seems to work about half the time for me. The app will always say successful, but the car doesn't always actually activate it
3) My Audi Connect trial that I started about a month ago still doesn't show in my account, but does work in the car

Not holding my breath on any actual meaningful fixes, but we'll see.
Old 04-28-2021, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JNealCox
Has anyone else received the email to this link that state:

myAudi is scheduled to undergo a maintenance update to enhance your overall experience with the site. This update will occur between 04/26/21, 11:00 PM EDT and 04/28/21, 4:00 PM EDT. During this period, myAudi login, registration and myAudi connect services will be unavailable and you will be automatically logged out from the myAudi Portal, the myAudi App and in your vehicle. We apologize for any inconvenience during this maintenance period.
And…….. 4pm EDT has come and gone. Usually doesn’t take this long to install windows updates on the one server this platform runs on. Must be on a dial up connection 😂
The following users liked this post:
Sourdough Josh (04-28-2021)
Old 04-28-2021, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by hrc1079
And…….. 4pm EDT has come and gone. Usually doesn’t take this long to install windows updates on the one server this platform runs on. Must be on a dial up connection 😂
Someone is probably still looking for the floppy with the original source code...
Old 04-28-2021, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sourdough Josh
Someone is probably still looking for the floppy with the original source code...
😂
Old 04-28-2021, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 704 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by Sourdough Josh

Another reason a NA mirror in Herndon VA would be great. They could take half of the system down for maintenance. Get it back up and running. Allow a few hundred cars back on it to test it. Once it was cleared move everybody over there and close down the mirror site to be updated with the proven load out and then simply split the load by region again at the end. My way would result in a little latency for the maintenance week. But the system would always be "up".
Old 04-28-2021, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by A4 Phil
Another reason a NA mirror in Herndon VA would be great. They could take half of the system down for maintenance. Get it back up and running. Allow a few hundred cars back on it to test it. Once it was cleared move everybody over there and close down the mirror site to be updated with the proven load out and then simply split the load by region again at the end. My way would result in a little latency for the maintenance week. But the system would always be "up".
That makes way too much sense for Audi to implement.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Awesome. Maintenance has been extended to 4/29 @12pm EDT as per the MyAudi website.

Quick Reply: MyAudi and Connect sites and app down