Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

New 2024 Q8 ET Subscription Failure

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New 2024 Q8 ET Subscription Failure

After my first Audi and EV purchase in March of this year, my 6 month free trial subscription was supposed to be activated at the dealer to access Audi Connect NAV2 features. Over 30 days later and 2 visits to the dealer, contacting Audi Digital Care numerous times about my case, and finally filing a complaint with Audi America, no resolution or time to fix. Dealership washed their hands. It was tagged as a Tier 2 issue on 4/26 but weekly they have nothing to say other than keep refreshing the app. I am convinced they don’t know how to fix it.

This is my first EV experience and first Audi. Audi claims this is a wide problem with all new 2024 Q8 ETs but I cannot find any other posts about it.

My first impression is what a piece of poo for such a beautiful car. It leaves me with a lot of concern about staying in it if this simple thing cannot get solved timely.

Today I am starting the lemon law paperwork with Audi America and hope to get out of this car and never come back to Audi. What a shame.

Cannot use this feature because of no active subscriptions.

Cannot access any subscriptions for features.
Old 05-01-2024, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

That sucks….. sorry to hear that! I have also not heard of anyone else with that problem, nor do I have that problem in my 24 Q8. in fact, I was super-impressed that when I went through set up, it downloaded everything from my 21 Etron NAV system automatically so I didn’t have to input destinations all over again.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 556 Likes on 412 Posts

I have not had any big problems like that with my Q8 etron, which I got in July, 2023. However, I do know Audi upgraded the MMI hardware/firmware a couple of months after my car was produced (a mid-cycle upgrade). The upgrade is supposed to allow for subscription services and enhanced vehicle monitoring. Maybe they are having issues with that. Unfortunately, maybe the Lemon Law route might be best for you. Too bad, since I really enjoy driving the Q8 etron. Any ideas about what EV you might go for next, or, are you swearing off EV's for awhile?
Old 05-01-2024, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Another '24 Q8 owner here, and I've not had or seen the issues you are having. My experience is that my dealer did all of the setup before I even set foot into my car. Once they sent me the information needed to log-in, everything worked as intended from day one. Have you been dealing with one dealership? Form what I have seen/read, the technical knowledge of the dealership staff varies wildly from dealer to dealer. So, if for some reason your dealer cannot figure out the issue, it may be worth a try to take it to another dealer. They may have more competent technical staff who can better diagnose/solve your issue (if you even want to move forward with the car). Sorry about your experience, good luck whichever way you go.
The following users liked this post:
MyAudiQ8ET (05-07-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Sorry that you're having these issues. It certainly does not apply to all Q8 models in the US, as my 2024 Q8 Prestige Sportback does not have this problem. I know that I have been successful in transferring destinations from my phone to my car because I discovered that's the only way to mark favorite charging stations. You have to mark them as favorites in the EA app on your phone, then they get automatically transferred to the car. Rather clunky way to do it, in my opinion, but it does confirm that the functionality you are trying to use works in the 2024 MMI.

Are you certain that the dealership completed the process of setting you up as the Key User? That setup process seems to enable certain other functionality associated with remote access. You can check in the main MMI menu by selecting the Users icon.

Good luck!
MyAudiQ8ET (05-07-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MyAudiQ8ET
After my first Audi and EV purchase in March of this year, my 6 month free trial subscription was supposed to be activated at the dealer to access Audi Connect NAV2 features. Over 30 days later and 2 visits to the dealer, contacting Audi Digital Care numerous times about my case, and finally filing a complaint with Audi America, no resolution or time to fix. Dealership washed their hands. It was tagged as a Tier 2 issue on 4/26 but weekly they have nothing to say other than keep refreshing the app. I am convinced they don’t know how to fix it.

This is my first EV experience and first Audi. Audi claims this is a wide problem with all new 2024 Q8 ETs but I cannot find any other posts about it.

My first impression is what a piece of poo for such a beautiful car. It leaves me with a lot of concern about staying in it if this simple thing cannot get solved timely.

Today I am starting the lemon law paperwork with Audi America and hope to get out of this car and never come back to Audi. What a shame.

Good luck my friend!

I leased my Q8 e-tron on March 23rd and finally they were able to activate the trial on May 3rd.

I believe you are having exactly the same issue I had. I was able to remote control the vehicle via the myAudi app. No issues with activating climate control remotely, or locking, unlocking etc. However, when I opened the app and checked the subscriptions, Trial subscription wasn't listed. I had only Audi Connect Care. Also, if I navigate to Marketplace to purchase Audi Connect plans, it was showing "No products available".

Firstly, my salesperson at the dealer opened the case directly with the Audi. After a few weeks they said it's been sent to Audi Germany and waiting for them to fix it. The guy closed the case and wanted me to check the app few times in a week etc. and if not resolved in a few weeks, wanted the salesperson to re-open the case. In the meantime, I was calling to Audi Connect Customer service directly to open a case with them but they refused to open a case because there was already a case opened by the dealer. Then I posted on Twitter, LinkedIn by mentioning AudiUSA, AudiOfficial and AudiAG. Not received any response from social media. I kept calling Audi Customer service and then, they started telling me that, this is a known issue with the new Q8 e-trons and Audi Germany is aware of the issue and working on a fix, but no ETA. As we can see the posts above, it seems this doesn't apply to all Q8 e-trons.

Finally they were able to activate the trial on May 3rd. My wifi hotspot, online radio and some other features work fine but now I have another issue. On my previous lease '21 e-tron, there were 2 subscription options: Audi Connect Prime and Plus. Prime was listed for $365/year which includes Google Earth, Traffic light info, Online Radio etc. but no wifi hotspot. Plus subscription was listed for $499/year which includes all the features of the Prime + full speed Wi-fi. However, this 2024 Q8 e-tron comes with Audi Connect NAV and Audi Connect Plus. This is clearly stated on myAudi app. If I navigate to Equipment and technical data->Standard equipment->Infotainment and Driver Assistance, it's listed as "Audi Connect NAV & Plus (6 mo. trial, accept. of terms req'd). I believe Audi decided to separate the packages on the new vehicles. Unlike previous subscriptions, you may get either NAV ($150/yr) or Plus ($250/yr) or both. And now, Plus subscription should have App Store features which allows you to install Spotify, YouTube, Zoom etc on the MMI. However the trial they activated on my vehicle was the previous version of Audi Connect Plus, therefore I don't have a "Store" app on the MMI and can't install any of the apps mentioned above. Today, I called the Audi Connect customer service again, and first they tried to reset some settings on their end, and wanted me to try again, but no changes of course. And finally rep said these new subscriptions are not available on 2024 Q8 e-trons. I told her that it's listed on myAudi app, under equipment data but of course she couldn't figure it out on her end and transferred me to the Audi Customer Experience line, and after waiting 10 mins I hung up. I'm wondering if the other 2024 Q8 e-tron owners have access to "Store" app on the MMI.

Overall, I really liked my previous e-tron and leased again but just because of these software issues which Audi can't manage, I'm not planning to get another Audi after my lease-end. Great car but unfortunately poor software design and support.

MyAudiQ8ET (05-07-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Srad600Q8etron
Another '24 Q8 owner here, and I've not had or seen the issues you are having. My experience is that my dealer did all of the setup before I even set foot into my car. Once they sent me the information needed to log-in, everything worked as intended from day one. Have you been dealing with one dealership? Form what I have seen/read, the technical knowledge of the dealership staff varies wildly from dealer to dealer. So, if for some reason your dealer cannot figure out the issue, it may be worth a try to take it to another dealer. They may have more competent technical staff who can better diagnose/solve your issue (if you even want to move forward with the car). Sorry about your experience, good luck whichever way you go.
I tried that but no other local dealership wanted to service the failure from jump.
Old 05-07-2024, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kaan_o
Good luck my friend!

I leased my Q8 e-tron on March 23rd and finally they were able to activate the trial on May 3rd.

I believe you are having exactly the same issue I had. I was able to remote control the vehicle via the myAudi app. No issues with activating climate control remotely, or locking, unlocking etc. However, when I opened the app and checked the subscriptions, Trial subscription wasn't listed. I had only Audi Connect Care. Also, if I navigate to Marketplace to purchase Audi Connect plans, it was showing "No products available".

Firstly, my salesperson at the dealer opened the case directly with the Audi. After a few weeks they said it's been sent to Audi Germany and waiting for them to fix it. The guy closed the case and wanted me to check the app few times in a week etc. and if not resolved in a few weeks, wanted the salesperson to re-open the case. In the meantime, I was calling to Audi Connect Customer service directly to open a case with them but they refused to open a case because there was already a case opened by the dealer. Then I posted on Twitter, LinkedIn by mentioning AudiUSA, AudiOfficial and AudiAG. Not received any response from social media. I kept calling Audi Customer service and then, they started telling me that, this is a known issue with the new Q8 e-trons and Audi Germany is aware of the issue and working on a fix, but no ETA. As we can see the posts above, it seems this doesn't apply to all Q8 e-trons.

Finally they were able to activate the trial on May 3rd. My wifi hotspot, online radio and some other features work fine but now I have another issue. On my previous lease '21 e-tron, there were 2 subscription options: Audi Connect Prime and Plus. Prime was listed for $365/year which includes Google Earth, Traffic light info, Online Radio etc. but no wifi hotspot. Plus subscription was listed for $499/year which includes all the features of the Prime + full speed Wi-fi. However, this 2024 Q8 e-tron comes with Audi Connect NAV and Audi Connect Plus. This is clearly stated on myAudi app. If I navigate to Equipment and technical data->Standard equipment->Infotainment and Driver Assistance, it's listed as "Audi Connect NAV & Plus (6 mo. trial, accept. of terms req'd). I believe Audi decided to separate the packages on the new vehicles. Unlike previous subscriptions, you may get either NAV ($150/yr) or Plus ($250/yr) or both. And now, Plus subscription should have App Store features which allows you to install Spotify, YouTube, Zoom etc on the MMI. However the trial they activated on my vehicle was the previous version of Audi Connect Plus, therefore I don't have a "Store" app on the MMI and can't install any of the apps mentioned above. Today, I called the Audi Connect customer service again, and first they tried to reset some settings on their end, and wanted me to try again, but no changes of course. And finally rep said these new subscriptions are not available on 2024 Q8 e-trons. I told her that it's listed on myAudi app, under equipment data but of course she couldn't figure it out on her end and transferred me to the Audi Customer Experience line, and after waiting 10 mins I hung up. I'm wondering if the other 2024 Q8 e-tron owners have access to "Store" app on the MMI.

Overall, I really liked my previous e-tron and leased again but just because of these software issues which Audi can't manage, I'm not planning to get another Audi after my lease-end. Great car but unfortunately poor software design and support.
Yes!! Sadly, yes. Interesting because my solution got resolved on 5/2 but I keep having problems with navigation with charging station failures now. It says it basically cannot guarantee I will reach my destination.

I didn’t even know to look for what you mentioned and will see if I have the same issue.

It is such a great potential car, and so beautiful, it kills me I won’t be back either after this lease. And, if they let me out with the buy back, I am going to take it.

I am doing my first road trip, alone, and I am scared to death. It is a 330 mile trip that usually takes 5 hours in an ICE and the route map is crazy weird over 6 1/2 hours with two charging stops.
kaan_o (05-08-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JPM2024Q8
Sorry that you're having these issues. It certainly does not apply to all Q8 models in the US, as my 2024 Q8 Prestige Sportback does not have this problem. I know that I have been successful in transferring destinations from my phone to my car because I discovered that's the only way to mark favorite charging stations. You have to mark them as favorites in the EA app on your phone, then they get automatically transferred to the car. Rather clunky way to do it, in my opinion, but it does confirm that the functionality you are trying to use works in the 2024 MMI.

Are you certain that the dealership completed the process of setting you up as the Key User? That setup process seems to enable certain other functionality associated with remote access. You can check in the main MMI menu by selecting the Users icon.

Good luck!
Thanks, and yes. But as some noted and as I witnessed at another dealer, the features were turned on before. I suspect they didn’t do that in this car that I landed with. And the salesperson started to claim I just didn’t have the features when they are clearly offered. It has definitely left an ugly impression about this dealership and, unfortunately, about Audi.
Old 05-07-2024, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Update

Originally Posted by MyAudiQ8ET

Latest issue after subscription activated 5/2 and using app to plan a trip.

5/2 the subscription got activated finally by Audi America Digital Help but I didn’t see any options. 5/4 the purchase options appeared after I complained again. Now I keep getting failures when using the service to plan a trip with navigation from the app.

I submitted all of the paperwork for a buy back and will see what happens. In the meantime, I am limping along trying to make this work and move on with my car life.

Quick Reply: New 2024 Q8 ET Subscription Failure