Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

New 2024 Q8 ET Subscription Failure

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also had problems activating Audi Connect. Finally got it working. However, I don't have the store tile to install apps such as youtube and spotify. I have a 2024 Q8 Etron build 01/31/2024 Software 4404, MMI 39.20. Dealership and Audi support clueless.
Old 05-08-2024, 10:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by maxthafirst
I also had problems activating Audi Connect. Finally got it working. However, I don't have the store tile to install apps such as youtube and spotify. I have a 2024 Q8 Etron build 01/31/2024 Software 4404, MMI 39.20. Dealership and Audi support clueless.
I am sorry you are in my situation. Another reply also noted the store missing and today I checked and didn’t see it either. What a mess. For such an expensive car, I call bull poo.
Old 05-09-2024, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MyAudiQ8ET
After my first Audi and EV purchase in March of this year, my 6 month free trial subscription was supposed to be activated at the dealer to access Audi Connect NAV2 features. Over 30 days later and 2 visits to the dealer, contacting Audi Digital Care numerous times about my case, and finally filing a complaint with Audi America, no resolution or time to fix. Dealership washed their hands. It was tagged as a Tier 2 issue on 4/26 but weekly they have nothing to say other than keep refreshing the app. I am convinced they don’t know how to fix it.

This is my first EV experience and first Audi. Audi claims this is a wide problem with all new 2024 Q8 ETs but I cannot find any other posts about it.

My first impression is what a piece of poo for such a beautiful car. It leaves me with a lot of concern about staying in it if this simple thing cannot get solved timely.

Today I am starting the lemon law paperwork with Audi America and hope to get out of this car and never come back to Audi. What a shame.

Cannot use this feature because of no active subscriptions.

Cannot access any subscriptions for features.
I had that same exact issue and it took Audi a month to fix it. It was a Tier 2 escalation as well but my dealer did stick it out with me. I also put pressure on the dealer by not doing the survey until it was fixed. But I bought my 24 Q8 e-tron in early April and the problem was solved early May so its been a week since I had all of my amenities! I hope you get resolution too brother!
The following users liked this post:
MyAudiQ8ET (05-09-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am sorry you are in my situation. Another reply also noted the store missing and today I checked and didn’t see it either. What a mess. For such an expensive car, I call bull poo.
*Update*
The Q8 Etrons did NOT get the MMI App Store in 2024! My Audi Tech got this information from a training session she attended.

The following users liked this post:
MyAudiQ8ET (05-16-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After my first Audi and EV purchase in March of this year, my 6 month free trial subscription was supposed to be activated at the dealer to access Audi Connect NAV2 features. Over 30 days later and 2 visits to the dealer, contacting Audi Digital Care numerous times about my case, and finally filing a complaint with Audi America, no resolution or time to fix. Dealership washed their hands. It was tagged as a Tier 2 issue on 4/26 but weekly they have nothing to say other than keep refreshing the app. I am convinced they don’t know how to fix it.

This is my first EV experience and first Audi. Audi claims this is a wide problem with all new 2024 Q8 ETs but I cannot find any other posts about it.

My first impression is what a piece of poo for such a beautiful car. It leaves me with a lot of concern about staying in it if this simple thing cannot get solved timely.

Today I am starting the lemon law paperwork with Audi America and hope to get out of this car and never come back to Audi. What a shame.

Cannot use this feature because of no active subscriptions.

Cannot access any subscriptions for features.
I have the same issue (still) on my 2024 S5 Sportback. It’s probably been 6 months now since I reported it. Battled for 4.5 months and threw my hands up over it. I decided that the vehicles are amazing, but all else is either lackluster or plain terrible.

CSX contacted me. After some time, and a number of back and forth comms, I was told there’s an outage on all MY24s and to try the things you also stated and call back in 3 weeks.

I went ahead and started modding my car, even though I was originally going to wait until after the warranty. I’m that guy now - I have zero faith in anything other than the actual vehicle and all those responsible for these pieces of automotive art. From now on, I’ll buy Audis fully expecting to be on my own after the purchase. Bad news is that’s an expensive prospect. Good news is I’ll do what I want from day one, including tunes. And honestly, I’m happy to have relieved myself from the stress and “time sucks.” However, please don’t judge me wrong; what’s happening is unacceptable and I tell everyone I know. And I remind every Audi employee I encounter of this grave injustice to customers who are paying very good money. Etc. and so forth.

I’m strangely happy, as I mentioned. I hope you also get to a similar place of satisfaction.