Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Is this paint job acceptable?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2024, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Take it back... show them the other 3 doors and tell them to make it look the same!
Old 06-09-2024, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are comparison photos of between left and right door. I'm waiting to hear back from the shop after i sent them a demand letter. They said they don't think they can do any better.

Old 06-10-2024, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 273 Likes on 205 Posts

That literally is one of the worst bodywork jobs I’ve ever seen. You should get your insurance involved if that’s who paid for the initial reskinning repair.
Old 06-12-2024, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by thebishman
That literally is one of the worst bodywork jobs I’ve ever seen. You should get your insurance involved if that’s who paid for the initial reskinning repair.
I talked to the shop again. It's a whole new door, just re-skinned. 80% of the seam sealer came from factory and the shop applied 20%. I assumed it's the 20% that they applied that looks terrible.
Old 06-12-2024, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by net737
I talked to the shop again. It's a whole new door, just re-skinned. 80% of the seam sealer came from factory and the shop applied 20%. I assumed it's the 20% that they applied that looks terrible.
I would make an appointment and take the car to your nearest Insurance Adjuster Office and get their opinion. Before going, get the opinions and quotes from at least two other reputable body shops and take those with you.
Old 06-28-2024, 12:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Apart from the terrible paint job, I still have not managed to get this bodyshop to fix misaligned trim and replace a weather seal that they messed up during installation.

Would Audi USA or Audi AG be able to step in and help? The bodyshop is certified by Audi. I believe they are also certified for Porsche as well. I don't understand how a certified shop can perform this badly.
Old 06-28-2024, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by net737
Apart from the terrible paint job, I still have not managed to get this bodyshop to fix misaligned trim and replace a weather seal that they messed up during installation.

Would Audi USA or Audi AG be able to step in and help? The bodyshop is certified by Audi. I believe they are also certified for Porsche as well. I don't understand how a certified shop can perform this badly.
Certified doesn't mean anything.

An Acura certified body shop screwed up the repairs on our ZDX three time before I said nope, no more. It went to another shop run by car enthusiasts and it was repaired to perfection.
Old 06-28-2024, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 712 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanthegreat1
Certified doesn't mean anything.

An Acura certified body shop screwed up the repairs on our ZDX three time before I said nope, no more. It went to another shop run by car enthusiasts and it was repaired to perfection.
Yes, certified is simply a licensing thing. Audi has zero influence over a certified shop.
Old 06-28-2024, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

As mentioned before, get your insurance company involved and get their permission to have this awful job redone.

Do not go back to those hacks, rather research the highline body shops near you and take the car there; you’ll never be satisfied otherwise.
Old 06-28-2024, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by thebishman
As mentioned before, get your insurance company involved and get their permission to have this awful job redone.

Do not go back to those hacks, rather research the highline body shops near you and take the car there; you’ll never be satisfied otherwise.

I have cancelled my insurance policy after the car was supposedly repaired and went with another. Should my old insurance still cooperate with me in this since i'm no longer their customer?

Quick Reply: Is this paint job acceptable?