Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Is this paint job acceptable?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2024, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

What would be the reason for canceling before the repairs are satisfactory?

Legally they are probably still responsible. Best of luck getting them to make it right.
Old 06-28-2024, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanthegreat1
What would be the reason for canceling before the repairs are satisfactory?

Legally they are probably still responsible. Best of luck getting them to make it right.

The paint had not cracked and the weather strip had not separated. The terrible paint job was already there but the other two issues appears afterward. It's when the two new issues appeared that i decided i had enough with this terrible workmanship.
Old Yesterday, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 271 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by net737
I have cancelled my insurance policy after the car was supposedly repaired and went with another. Should my old insurance still cooperate with me in this since i'm no longer their customer?
In my opinion this was a bad mistake. I would have stayed with the original company until this was resolved to your satisfaction.
Old Yesterday, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by thebishman
In my opinion this was a bad mistake. I would have stayed with the original company until this was resolved to your satisfaction.
That is incorrect as there is no need to stay with a company till your issues are resolved. The original insurance company will cover the repair. If the accident happened while you were insure with company #1 and you need further work, insurance company number 1 will be there for you. I've been through this before and have had no problems working with an insurance company that no longer carried me.
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
That is incorrect as there is no need to stay with a company till your issues are resolved. The original insurance company will cover the repair. If the accident happened while you were insure with company #1 and you need further work, insurance company number 1 will be there for you. I've been through this before and have had no problems working with an insurance company that no longer carried me.
I was not very happy with my previous insurance either. I had to do a lot of leg work to get things moving. I moved to this area few years ago and people around here have been very incompetent and lazy. It is so much different than many places i used to live. I wonder how they even survive this long.
Right now I want three things accomplished: (1) Get door trim molding replaced as its adhesive is not sticking to the door creating gap, (2) Get weather strip replace as it was not install correctly, and (3) have Audi, in writing, confirm that this bad paint job won't cause me any money during lease return.

I tried having the shop sign an agreement to pay for any charge during my lease return from this bad paint job and only fix the first two. The owner refuses, and in my opinion, acted very childishly. We went nowhere. As a compromise, he agrees to get a letter from Audi stating that this repair is acceptable and will fix the first 2 items. That was few weeks ago. No repair appointment, no letter from Audi.

I am really tired of this shop and its owner. Now my options are:
(1) Leave it as is
(2) Get the car repaired elsewhere and sue the shop for all damages and lost time. I aiming at small claim court. All phone conversations with this shop were recorded.
(3) Get in touch with some higher up at Audi USA about this and see what they can do to help. I have written to other CEOs in the past for incompetencies of people in this area and things got fixed rather quickly.
(4) Ask previous insurance to help
(5) Wait and hope the shop owner will eventually get back to me

Right now i'm look at (3). I can take it to another shop and pay for it out-of-pocket, but there is no guarantee that people around here can do any better.