Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Premium Audio System Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Premium Audio System Impressions

Hello all! I'm seeking your opinions on the audio system on Premium e-Trons (or whatever base-level configuration exists in your non-US home markets). I'm leaning heavily toward Premium Plus/Prestige models almost entirely due to the B&O audio. How good (or bad) is the stock (non-B&O) system in your opinions? Do you have any music preferences that seem to do well (or poorly) with the stock audio system? Thanks in advance for all replies.
Old 04-16-2021, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by BonedaleA4
Hello all! I'm seeking your opinions on the audio system on Premium e-Trons (or whatever base-level configuration exists in your non-US home markets). I'm leaning heavily toward Premium Plus/Prestige models almost entirely due to the B&O audio. How good (or bad) is the stock (non-B&O) system in your opinions? Do you have any music preferences that seem to do well (or poorly) with the stock audio system? Thanks in advance for all replies.
I am not sure about the stock non-B&O system as I have a Prestige, but the B&O I have isn't as good as my Macan Bose system. Not sure if part of this is because the Macan is smaller.
Old 04-16-2021, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

I think the B&O system is lacking some low end oomph.
Old 04-16-2021, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts

Underwhelmed with my 2019 B & O sound system in Prestige trim However, e-tron is n incredible car/drive
over all. Had Range Rovers since 1990 prior to e-tron...e-tron beats them. However RR sound systems with Bose were superior to the B&O.
Old 04-16-2021, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 556 Likes on 412 Posts

I like the B&O in my 2019 a lot. Depends on how you set it up. I get plenty of low end. Sometimes I would like to be able to scale back the high end a bit better. You can definitely tell the difference in sound quality from different sources.
The following users liked this post:
VirTERM (04-16-2021)
Old 04-16-2021, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by JNealCox
I like the B&O in my 2019 a lot. Depends on how you set it up. I get plenty of low end. Sometimes I would like to be able to scale back the high end a bit better. You can definitely tell the difference in sound quality from different sources.
Yup, the high end is no issue and it might even be, as you suggested, a bit too bright. I've adjusted the sub & the bass, but I probably need to do more tweaking. The Meridian system in my I-Pace was, I think, a bit better.
Old 04-16-2021, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts

The B&O system is disappointing in my opinion. It's very bright, and surprisingly (for B&O) it lacks midrange. I tried a number of adjustments including reducing the surround effect (lots of brittle highs), and moving the focus backwards to cut sound to the center speaker. It's a little darker, a little better rounded, but still not very good.
The following 2 users liked this post by Multiphonic:
b-tron (04-16-2021), jezza122 (06-28-2024)
Old 04-16-2021, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok - need to clarify because I'm getting lots of B&O feedback (thanks BTW). I'm interested in the basic (stock) system, not the B&O one. Many Audis have really mediocre stock stereos. Is the e-Tron stock system any good at all? Thanks again!
Old 04-16-2021, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

I tried them both...and both are underwhelming. My Q7 B&O was amazing....neither system wowed me. I will say I didn't hear a HUGE difference between the two. So I would say it's not worth $13k for prestige if the radio is the only thing you are looking at.
Old 04-16-2021, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 381 Likes on 216 Posts

IMHO all B&O sound systems over-emphasize the high end. And the etron's B&O system is no different.

To get mine sounding good, I had to do the following:
* Drop the treble a couple clicks
* Raise the bass one click
* Turn down the "surround" effect to no more than one click
* Use quality input media (Sirius/XM is crappy 64kbit VBR MP3 quality). 256 or 320kbit MP3s on a USB stick sound fantastic. I haven't checked to see if FLAC is supported, but if it is, I'm sure that would sound even better.

Quick Reply: Premium Audio System Impressions