Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Rumor of Audi Extending Warranty for Front Motor Failure Due to Coolant Leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rumor of Audi Extending Warranty for Front Motor Failure Due to Coolant Leak

I had my front motor replaced last week under warranty and my service advisor called today to check to make sure all is well with the vehicle. He mentioned there is a rumor Audi will be extending the warranty for the front motor due to coolant leaking which is now considered widespread. I have a 2019 Prestige so not sure which years will be covered, but am glad Audi appears to be doing the right thing.
The following 2 users liked this post by mhousealum:
Brooklyn (05-16-2024), Tronification (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 713 Likes on 518 Posts

As I reported a couple of weeks ago, mine is being replaced under this extended warranty. I pick it up on Friday and will photo the paperwork to post as always.

My service advisor mentioned this when I turned the car in as I wanted to be crystal clear as to who was paying. He mentioned that the motor is at 6 years in the computer but they think it will change to 8 in the near future.
Old 04-11-2024, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

gosh, what else will go bad with this car? Door seals, sunroof leak, charging port, batteries, controller, dashboard, now front motor OMG..

in 5th year I will have brand new car...

Old 04-11-2024, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by peterolsovsky
gosh, what else will go bad with this car? Door seals, sunroof leak, charging port, batteries, controller, dashboard, now front motor OMG..

in 5th year I will have brand new car...
I have only had the motor fail due to coolant leak. None of the other issues you mention. Vehicle is a joy to drive. Range is by far the biggest con.
The following users liked this post:
kataja (04-25-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did they mentioned about the rear motor extending warranty?
Old 04-11-2024, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 713 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by lee55audi
Did they mentioned about the rear motor extending warranty?
All rumor from talking to my tech:

They are going to change the inspection cycle on the coolant overflow canister. They will replace if canister backs into e-motor.

Fysa front motor does not have an overflow canister.
Old 04-11-2024, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

It is a joy to drive I agree.

Range is really bad, I still have range anxiety despite the fact I know the car at this point and learned how to deal with range in every season and scenario.
(150-160miles at the best/which is pretty bad. 1.0-1.9M/kWh in winter- 2.4kWh at the best in warm months)

I am worried how I will sell this thing in few years, because service record is long like "War and Peace" by Leo Tolstoj at this point.

BTW I forgot to add charging cable in the original list..

I feel like guinea pig for Audi seriously. Test driver for a vehicle that should have been thoroughly tested before releasing to market.

Last edited by peterolsovsky; 04-11-2024 at 06:50 AM.
Old 04-11-2024, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

So the warranty on the motors is 6 years, outside of the 4 year 50k mi warranty? Is there a document that confirms this change without having to check with the dealer?
Old 04-11-2024, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by peterolsovsky
It is a joy to drive I agree.

Range is really bad, I still have range anxiety despite the fact I know the car at this point and learned how to deal with range in every season and scenario.
(150-160miles at the best/which is pretty bad. 1.0-1.9M/kWh in winter- 2.4kWh at the best in warm months)

I am worried how I will sell this thing in few years, because service record is long like "War and Peace" by Leo Tolstoj at this point.

BTW I forgot to add charging cable in the original list..

I feel like guinea pig for Audi seriously. Test driver for a vehicle that should have been thoroughly tested before releasing to market.

You should sell now, because resale values will only continue to fall (like all non-collectible cars).
Old 04-11-2024, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

I can't, I owe more on it than it's worth..
The following users liked this post:
kataja (04-25-2024)

Quick Reply: Rumor of Audi Extending Warranty for Front Motor Failure Due to Coolant Leak