Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

March 14 ED S4

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 12:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MbaGsb98
Hate to say it, but BMW's ED program blows Audi's away right now.
Both from the availability of winter tires and from the heavier discounts.
Only problem with that is you have to buy an inferior automobile and go to Europe to take advantage.... With that said, one would hope Audi is doing things to become a leader in ED as they are so aggressively in other sectors.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Francism@att.net
Only problem with that is you have to buy an inferior automobile and go to Europe to take advantage.... With that said, one would hope Audi is doing things to become a leader in ED as they are so aggressively in other sectors.
IMO BMW doesn't build an inferior auto. Just not my cup of tea. I considered and test drove a new 535i as well as a 335d, wanting to be thorough, find out what all the fuss was about, and make sure the Audi was the right car for me. I don't think I would go wrong with either beemer- if that's what I wanted.

You do raise an interesting point. To become a leader in ED, I feel Audi needs to develop a concierge mentality. With 200 EDs a year, an average of 17 a month, the ED program ought to easily give personal attention to each customer and their specific needs and interests. Sort of a boutique experience.

It needs to wake up, read every post in this forum and listen to its customers. It needs to check out BMW and M-B, and figure out why they seem to do a much better job communicating with and supporting their ED customers, and helping them plan the delivery experience and trip.

From my experience so far, AoA ED has been doing everything possible to turn me off by just ignoring me.

Not responding to emails, not sending the promised confirmation / welcome packet (which the website says I should receive after two weeks) and providing no help with planning my delivery, especially addressing the winter tire issue.

Audi ED responds promptly to my questions when they come through my dealer (who uses the same email address from what I can tell), but seems to avoid any direct contact with me, the customer. At this point I have ticketed my flights, booked my hotels, coordinated elaborate plans with friends and family, and yet I have received no official correspondence or confirmation from AoA. I feel that I'm dealing with a black hole.

Leadership? Not exactly. Building brand loyalty? Hardly. Customer satisfaction? Not so far. It really is too bad.

I'm sure I'll have a great time when I finally get there. I'm sure I'll love the car and enjoy driving it around Germany and Switzerland. I can't wait.

The Audi ED (lack of) effort has so far not lived up to any of the expectations it has set, with one notable exception. Audi AG actually built the car, and did so six weeks earlier than expected. That's what gives me hope that this is in fact real, and that things will work out.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll forward your post to Audi ED! They need to know, what their customers think about their service.

Edit: Done!

Last edited by TIME89; 01-05-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sambuca 57, I hope it goes well for you. I'm sure you will enjoy the experience. You are absolutely correct about their communications with your dealership. Fortunately, I had a great salesperson & sales managerat my Audi dealership. They were in constant communication on my behalf with Audi and I had great service because I did communicate that way. I had special requests that they took care of as well as a couple unexpected surprises in Germany that made things very easy for us when we arrived. They did everything promised and more. I look forward to buying another Audi this way in the future.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
I'll forward your post to Audi ED! They need to know, what their customers think about their service.

Edit: Done!
Thanks, Time89! I don't know whether it was you forwarding my post, or my dealer's follow-up emails and voicemails, but late this afternoon my dealer forwarded an email from Audi ED with an attached scan of the ED Welcome letter on Audi ED letterhead. This is dated January 7(!) and is scheduled to be sent to me on Friday with the infamous welcome packet by Audi's supplier.

Surprise, Surprise! Wonders never cease! At first, I felt better, thought OK, they're finally responding.

Then I read the letter. They just slapped my name and the original (March 14) delivery date on their standard form letter. It says: "A personalized appointment will be available after March 14, 2011. Your requested appointment will be confirmed... once your vehicle finishes production."

I fact, the car was built a month ago, and three days ago I sent Audi ED my final (ticketed) itinerary, requesting a delivery date of March 9, a booking at the Kempinski on March 8, and a ride to Ingolstadt on the morning of the 9th.

So, I'm happy that I will finally be receiving my official correspondence and forms from Audi ED. And, since Audi ED doesn't want to deal with me directly, I guess my dealer's stuck being my go-between for now. I've requested that he contact ED and confirm my three requests.

Then I can return my forms, sign the agreements, and count down the hours till March 7.

Originally Posted by Francism@att.net
Sambuca 57, I hope it goes well for you. I'm sure you will enjoy the experience. You are absolutely correct about their communications with your dealership. Fortunately, I had a great salesperson & sales managerat my Audi dealership. They were in constant communication on my behalf with Audi and I had great service because I did communicate that way. I had special requests that they took care of as well as a couple unexpected surprises in Germany that made things very easy for us when we arrived. They did everything promised and more. I look forward to buying another Audi this way in the future.
Thanks, Francism, I'm really looking forward to it. I feel very prepared, thanks to the invaluable information and recommendations of this forum.

Glad to hear that you had a great experience and plan to repeat the event. My dealer is terrific too, a car guy who has actually done an ED and been through the experience himself. He has been very helpful and knowledgeable.

I can't wait.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Good news today! Audi ED responded to me directly this morning, answered my questions, and unfortunately delivered a bit of bad news: The Forum Ingolstadt is closed for deliveries from March 4 through March 9, so they can't schedule the delivery on March 9 as I had requested.

That's a bummer, but I'll figure out how to rework my itinerary without changing my flights. They will write me back to confirm that I can take delivery on March 10, and we'll work out the arrangements.

I was happy to hear from them, and actually relieved. This definitely eliminated the mounting frustration I have been expressing both in this forum and to my dealer.

Time89, thanks for your part in this.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sambuca 57

Time89, thanks for your part in this.
You welcome!
Nothing bad happen if you ask for one extra night free stay in Munich. Just my 0.02$
If they say - No, you have nothing to loose, if Yes - you save 150 Euro.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Countdown: 14 days to Delivery. The excitement continues to build.

I signed my lease on January 29, 5+ weeks before my departure. I checked in with AED and received confirmation (Fed-Ex tracking #) that my final package with all the paperwork required for delivery i son its way. Still awaiting confirmation of the hotel reservation at teh Kempinski MUC plus teh ride from hotel to Forum.

With the help of John Lance (EDWintertires.com)I bought a set of 19" Pirelli winter tires from another forum member, who had purchased these in March 2010 for his A5 S-Line ED, and stored them in Munich. Audi's solution was to delay my delivery to April, which was not an option for me.

Today I bought an ipod cable (Audi Music Interface) to take with me. This weekend I'll get an Int'l DL from AAA, just in case. Then I'll be ready.

My itinerary is entirely car-centric:
Tue: arrive Munich, spend afternoon at BMW Welt & Museum. BMW factory is closed all this week.

Wed: Stuttgart: MB factory Tour (Sindelfingen). MB museum (Untertuerkheim) and Porsche museum (Zuffenhausen)

Thu: The Day. Audi Forum, Ingolstadt: Take delivery, tour factory, museum & gift shop. Drive to Ismaning to mount winter tires.

Fri: Drive to Geneva via Zurich & Montreux.

Sat: Geneva Auto Show!

I thought 4-1/2 months would be impossibly long, but all of a sudden my trip is 11 days away. I'll post some pics and update my chronology as soon as I can.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Very, very exciting!

I'm trying to get things lined up for a S4 ED myself later in the year, but am concerned with the timing and the delay in the deliveries. I've heard of regular deliveries taken 5 or 6 months to get here (normally would take 4 months).

Congrats and keep us posted!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DarthRay
Very, very exciting!

I'm trying to get things lined up for a S4 ED myself later in the year, but am concerned with the timing and the delay in the deliveries. I've heard of regular deliveries taken 5 or 6 months to get here (normally would take 4 months).

Congrats and keep us posted!
Thanks!

That was the big surprise for me: My order went in October 25, and I was told to expect the car to be built in about 3 to 3-1/2 months. In fact, the car was built in just over four weeks, and Audi provided the VIN on December 7.

The dealer didn't have an earlier order for which they substituted my car, and I didn't receive any explanation. Since I had planned the delivery to coincide with the Geneva Auto Show, which traditionally runs the first Thursday through the second Sunday in March, I was concerned that they wouldn't hold the car until March. But they did.

I'll take the opportunity of the delivery process and factory tour to ask questions and find out more about the build timeframes, and report back.

Quick Reply: March 14 ED S4